7 #OOTDs for the Week: 7 Stylish Outer Layers to Rock This Fall
We’re not going to lie: We love a little layering, and one of our favorite parts about fall is the chance to choose from so many toppers. Since we’re under wraps for months on end, that outer layer should be just as stylish as the rest of your on-point ensemble. From cozy, statement-making ponchos to jackets in bold animal prints, here are seven ways to keep warm and on trend this season.
2. @peonylim: After spotting velvet lips on the Jason Wu runway, we’re ready to give this ’90s-style fabric another go. How to pull it off? Grab a sophisticated silhouette like a structured blazer, à la Peony Lim in a rich oxblood hue. (via @peonylim)
3. @gabifresh: From sleek blazer-inspired interpretations to warm, wooly numbers, capes are the must-have coverup this season. To elevate your night-out getup, toss one over a sassy jumpsuit and lace-up heels. (via @gabifresh)
4. @secretlittlestars: We’re definitely having a major love affair with denim right now, and with pieces like this trench coat stunner, can you really blame us? Swap it out for your standard outer layer and prepare to own the streets with your impeccable style. (via @secretlittlestars)
5. @pandorasykes: Vinyl seems to be popping up everywhere, spreading a little mid-century style wherever it goes. Pair it up with flares, a bow-neck blouse and ankle boots or a turtleneck and a knee-length skirt for some major throwback vibes. (via @pandorasykes)
6. @shinythoughts: The classic biker jacket gets a major makeover for fall with luxe materials like suede, in seasonally appropriate hues. To really drive the whole autumnal thing home, pair it up with plaid trousers and a chunky knit. (via @shinythoughts)
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.
Social media is an amazing free marketing tool that didn't exist 15 years ago. Particularly with Instagram, you can use a few images and words to tell followers who you are in an instant. While we can't share *all* the things we covered in this week's Selfmade master session on social media and brand voice, as part of our collaboration with Office Depot we're sharing a few key takeaways.