If you’ve been reading Brit + Co lately, then you know that we are all up in the grill! Burgers, hot dogs and kabobs — we just can’t get enough. One thing that every picnic table needs (besides these super cute placemats) is a good selection of condiments. Did you know that most of these sauces are super easy to make? It’s true! Plus, you just can’t beat the fresh taste of ripe produce. From salsa to steak sauce, here are 12 condiment recipes you can totally pull off at home.
1. Homemade Ketchup: Yeah, it’s really easy to pick a bottle of ketchup off of the shelf, but you should really try making your own at least once. In less than an hour, you’ll have a flavorful ketchup that can’t be beat. (via Lark + Linen)
2. Dallas BBQ Sauce: The best thing about making your own barbecue sauce is that you get to control the flavor and the heat. Ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, molasses and a handful of other spices is all you need to make a sauce just how you like it. (via Creme de la Crumb)
4. The Ultimate Guacamole Trifecta: Looking for a tasty and delicious homemade guacamole recipe? How about three, starring spicy mango + mint, feta + basil and bacon + dill? With a base mix of avocado, onion, garlic and lime, you can change up the recipe to suit your mood. If you’re feeling fancy, serve all three with your favorite tortilla chips. (via Brit + Co)
5. Garlic Chive Aioli: Looking to add a little zip to your favorite foods? Try adding aioli. It’s a great addition to your favorite burger or steak. You can also use it to dip your veggies in. This recipe is vegan to boot! (via Veggies Don’t Bite)
6. Homemade Mayonnaise: Let’s be real: Mayonnaise is not the healthiest option. The good news is, when you make your own you know exactly what’s in it. We bet you have all the ingredients you need to whip it up today. It only needs eggs, oil, vinegar and salt. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Homemade Mustards With Honey Curry + Beer Thyme: Upgrade your regular mustard with a couple of zesty options. Making mustard is actually really easy. First, you gather all the ingredients (including mustard seeds and rice vinegar). Cover it and place in the fridge overnight. The next day, pour it into your blender and blend away. (via Vegetarian Ventures)
8. Homemade Hot Dog Relish: Making relish is a little more time consuming than making other condiments. But once you taste those farm fresh vegetables on your hot dog, you’ll know it was worth it. (via Juanita’s Cocina)
9. Fresh Homemade Salsa: Salsa is so much better when it’s made fresh. A variety of bell peppers makes this salsa such a pretty addition to your dining table, and an excellent choice for potlucks. (via Seventh and Sage)
10. Chile Colorado Sauce: If you’re looking for spice, fresh chile sauce is definitely the way to go. With six chiles, onions, tomato and garlic, it’s a delicious addition to your enchiladas. (via Forbidden Rice Blog)
11. Homemade Steak Sauce: A batch of savory homemade steak sauce is quick and easy to whip up. All you have to do is whisk together vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, molasses, ketchup and various spices and let it sit for an hour. So easy and so delicious. (via Juanita’s Cocina)
12. Homemade Tartar Sauce: It’s hard to imagine having fried fish without tartar sauce. You’ll never go without again if you can make it at home, and it’s totally achievable within 20 minutes. Mayonnaise gives the sauce its creamy base and sriracha gives it some zip. (via A Family Feast)
Which condiment can’t you live without? Which one do you make at home instead of buy? Let us know in the comments!