If you’re a pet owner, chances are your dog or cat is like a child to you — and we’re guessing a spoiled one. Now there’s a baby on the way, and naturally, you want your furry friend to be included in the family planning. One such way is to let your pet announce your pregnancy. We can see the “likes” on Facebook and Instagram already. Here are 13 clever ways parents-to-be included their pets in the big news.
1. Chalk It Up: Create a fancy chalkboard sign and have your dogs or cats pose beside it. Take a cue from this one and use a humorous “partner in crime” theme. (via @chalkingitupboards)
2. Frame It: Here’s another take on the chalkboard idea: Announce your pregnancy on a mirror or old window and have your pet stand next to it. Just be sure the mirror reflects something simple that doesn’t detract from the message. (via @a_ranger)
3. An A-meow-zing Announcement: Aren’t cats’ expressions just the best? Wait until your cat is making a truly unimpressed face and snap a photo next to your pregnancy announcement. (via @katie_lou86)
4. Paws for Effect: Use your cats to create a play on words like this one: “We’re not kitten ya.” (via @mythirtyspot)
5. Not Your Typical Pasta Dinner: Here’s a clever take on the popular Prego jar announcement, but with your cat. Add a clever caption and voila. (via Imgur)
6. Family Line-Up: If you have more than one dog, this “adding one more to the pack” announcement is perfect for you. Add a pair of baby shoes at the end of the photo for truly adorable results. (via BarkPost)
7. Simply Silhouetted: Snap a profile pic of your bump with your dog or cat looking up at you. This one is definitely frame-worthy. (via Life, Love & Lucy)
8. Toe the Line: Who doesn’t like pregnancy announcements showing only the family’s feet (and wearing Toms, we might add)? This announcement with the baby shoes and dog’s furry paws take the cuteness to a whole other level. (via The Rodimels)
9. Break the News With Shoes: Your pet is bound to have a few mixed feelings about no longer being the baby of the family. This pup’s expression perfectly captures it. (via Parents)
10. Babies All Around: Hearts will melt with this announcement featuring a puppy holding a sonogram in its mouth. Get the tissues ready. (via Parent Society)
11. Tell a Story: Have your dog or cat pose beside a pregnancy book. We’ve even seen some pets wearing reading glasses for an extra-funny touch. (via The Stir)
12. Painted Paws: Grab a T-shirt and have your dog press its painted paws against your belly for this priceless announcement. (via BarkPost)
13. Hounds With Helium: Reveal the baby’s gender by attaching colored balloons to your dog’s collar and announcing it on a chalkboard message. (via BarkPost)
Did your pet help you announce your pregnancy? Share your photos here.