9 Pixie Cuts for Curly Hair That Are Summertime Goals
The classic pixie is the It-girl’s go-to haircut when she’s after a look that is low on maintenance and high on style. Despite what you may think, the cropped ‘do works with all hair types — yes, including even the curliest of coils. Keep reading to see nine pixies that were made for curly hair.
1. Forehead-Grazing Waves: Add some flattering dimension to your face by letting your wavy curls graze the top of your forehead. They keep your ‘do feeling intentionally stylish and bring a playful vibe to your look.
2. Unique Buzz: If you can’t decide whether you want to show off your curls or a rad buzz cut, opt for something in the middle like this. Then, style with bobby pins for an edgy finish.
3. Natural Bounce: Take full advantage of the gorgeous bounce and volume your curls give with a cut that lets it do its natural thing. Cascading coils that effortlessly fall to one side of the face give a flattering asymmetrical vibe to this short cut.
4. Sky-High Volume: Work with your natural (enviable) volume and let that hair reach for the sky. Your twirly tresses only add to the bounce and texture that makes this look feel high-fashion and always on-trend.
5. Texturized Edge: A thick, curly mohawk with eye-grazing side bangs that beautifully frame the face pairs perfectly with closely shaved sides.
6. Vintage Coils: Give off a polished, retro feel with tightly shorn locks that evoke a 1950s vibe. Pair your short, soft pin curls with glam Hollywood makeup and you have an instant look that’s eternally classic.
7. Curly Top: Keep the sides of your pixie cut super short — so short, you won’t even be able to see the texture in your hair here — and showcase your curls on top. This style brings the focus of your look to the crown of your head while keeping everything else streamlined and sleek.
8. Wavy Mohawk: Curly-haired gals with a rocker-chick edge, this ‘do is for you! Buzz the sides of your hair to highlight the curly top. Keep it longer in front so you can play with fun, wavy bangs that’ll go with the flow.
9. Twisty Tresses: This grown-out pixie shows off a fresh-from-the-beach texture.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.