17 Natural Hairstyles ALL Curly Gals Will Love
Oh hey, curly girls! We know you’re excited for summer, but also a little apprehensive. As temperatures climb, it can become hard to rock natural curls. The threat of humidity and sporadic thunderstorms loom with every day hotter than 90, and no one wants to be a frizzy mess on a sweltering day. Buuut, there’s no need to break out the styling tools to look great at every barbecue, beach trip and city picnic. Here’s a look at some of the prettiest natural styles to take you through the dog days of summer in the state of perfection you are.
6. Curly Faux Hawk: Fact: Having curls makes you look like a rockstar. Own that hair and go on with your bad self when you style your locks in a chic faux hawk — leather jacket and tattoos not included. (via Seventeen)
7. Elegant Updo: While it might not be instinctual to leave hair natural for special events, keeping away from the straightener can have truly beautiful results. Case in point? This updo that’s perfect for every summer wedding. (via Once Wed)
9. Turban Headwrap: If your tresses are totally out of control, just wrap it up. This tutorial will take you through 21 ways to wrap a turban, making it impossible to consider this style anything but versatile. (via Curly Nikki)
10. Unfinished Braid: This style gives the best of both worlds. A braid keeps some hair under control, while leaving the rest loose helps create woodsy, princess vibes that are at home at any festival. (via Refinery29)
11. Half Bun: Who knew this middle school throwback could be so pretty? Be sure to leave a few face-framing pieces out, then prepare to stun everywhere from the farmer’s market to fancy yacht parties. (via Anouk Yve)
How will you be styling your curls this summer? Let us know in the comments!