17 Charming Curtains To Buy Or DIY
Scarlett O’Hara and Maria Augusta von Trapp knew it decades ago: Curtains equal fashion. So let’s frock those living rooms, bedrooms, and reading nooks with runway-worthy window treatments. Whether you’re ready to get out the glue gun and get down with pom poms or you simply want to get out your credit card and get on your way, we’re drawing up a roundup of sun-shielding stunners.
3. Fringe Curtains ($50): We found these fringe benefits being used as a ceremony backdrop, but we rather think of them as a backdrop to our life, sitting front in center in our bedroom. (via 100 Layer Cake)
5. Silk & Velvet ($629): Silk! Velvet! Embroidery! Scalloped edges! So yeah… that price… it reflects all that fabulosity, but a girl can dream, can’t she?
7. Geometric Embroidery: You may recognize this hip hang, but we’re taking it out of the bathroom and placing it front and center… in the living room, the bedroom, the kitchen… everywhere. (via Design Love Fest)
10. Chichi Sable Petal ($215): Cascading petals. Delicate ruffles. In the world of curtains, it doesn’t get any more romantic than this creation from Pure Home. Swoon!
13. Langör ($24.99): A love story in curtain form? Let’s hear it. This one’s about a sailor leaving port and his loved one in tears. The good news is they can be happily reunited with a little tug from you.
15. Ombre Lace ($148): Here’s the latest from Anthropologie. And, of course, it’s as wonderful as you’d guess it would be.
16. Map Textile Roller: Remember when you spilled red wine all over that awesome tablecloth, and while one side was still as good as new, the other side was evidence of your party foul? Well, here’s a way to salvage part of it. Turn it into a pull shade! (via Martha Stewart)
Hearing your curtain call? Let us know what you’re digging in the comments below!