12 Genius Decor Tips for Adding Texture to Your Home
After your latest new year, new home updates with paint colors and a few pieces of art, your home still feels like it’s missing something. We’ll give you a little hint: It’s texture! This oft-forgotten style solution will instantly make your space more cozy and compelling. Since it’s not always easy to figure out how to pull it off, we found a ton of fun and unexpected ways to texturize your abode. Books, velvet, and plants will bring a little hygge to every nook. Scroll on to learn how to texturize your nest with the very best.
1. Books: If you really want to maximize your texture potential, look beyond standard decor. Books, for example, are a killer texturizer for this otherwise all-white aesthetic. (via Gravity Home)
3. Rattan: Rattan brings in a whole lot of texture to any room it’s added to. Play up one or two colors in the palette with solid throw pillows for your sofa or reading nook. (via The Style Files)
4. Layered Rugs: When it comes to rugs, layer yours for a chic and cozy vibe. Stick to neutral tones so they don’t clash, and opt for woven materials. (via My Domaine)
5. Light Fixtures: Here’s a little-known style secret: A unique light fixture can actually be a killer texturizer. Install a modern or geometric light fixture to give your look an immediate upgrade.
6. Organic Materials: Who knows texture better than Mother Nature? Add a few more elements from nature to your abode for an easy peasy texture update. (via A Beautiful Mess)
8. Patterns: Texture isn’t necessarily about the material. Adding colorful patterns to your look can visually add dimension that’s as compelling as any other. (via Apartment Therapy)
9. Pillows: What’s cozier than a bed of pillows? A bed of super soft and stylish texturized pillows. You can’t have too many, so add ’em with abandon! (via Design Love Fest)
10. Plants: Pairing literal greenery with Pantone’s color of the year can texturize your nest. You’ll add all kinds of personality and bring good vibes while purifying your air. (via Ernests)
11. Wall Updates: Your walls are a texture update just waiting to happen. Use patterned wallpaper to pack a powerful punch. (via Smitten Studio)
12. Woven Baskets: Want to play with texture but like to keep your look minimal? Throw some woven baskets into your all-white mix for an extra cozy feel. (via Domino)
On the hunt for more ways to up your style game this season? Follow us on Pinterest!