10 Tips for Creating a Cozy Bedroom
The bedroom is your place to relax, unwind and recharge. We’d love to spend all day indulging in some R&R, lounging under the covers and taking in a season or two of Gilmore Girls, but sadly, most of us don’t have that luxury. Though we can’t spend our entire day there, the bedroom should still be a cozy and calming retreat from those hectic days. Consider these 10 tips to create a bedroom oasis so cozy you’ll never want to leave.
1. Lighting: Your bedroom is meant to be a peaceful paradise, so the last thing you need is harsh overhead lighting. Opt for a bedside lamp with a subtle glow for your late-night reading. (via Emily Henderson)
2. Nightstand Essentials: A good beside table should be styled and stocked with the essentials you want within reach while lounging. Think a moisturizing lip balm, hand cream and a good book or two. DIY yourself a marbled jewelry dish and add fresh flowers and a candle for major elegance. (via The Everygirl)
3. Color Scheme: Choosing a calming color scheme is key for getting the rest and rejuvenation you need. Try a dark navy for walls that mimic the midnight sky, and balance it with contrasting accents that pop. (via What’s Ur Home Story)
4. Pillows: While you’re indulging in a weekend Netflix binge, you’ll want to rest on something soft, so you’ll need pillows. Lots and lots of pillows. Get your collection started with Little Skunk Co’s I Love You, I Know Pillows ($90) from the B+C Shop.
5. Rug: A rug is the first thing your feet touch when you get out of bed, so you’ll want something soft and luxurious to start the day off right. Try IKEA’s TEJN faux sheepskin rug ($13). Your feet will thank you. (via The New York Times)
6. Stow Away Gadgets: We’ve become so attached to our screens these days. Don’t let countless distractions from your Insta feed and Pinterest boards mess with your mellow time. Keep your phone and other gadgets at bay in an organization caddy like iSkelter’s Classic Station ($38).
7. Bedding: Ever wonder why you sleep so well in a hotel? It’s because the bedding is usually a light, clean color, which helps you feel relaxed and get a good night’s sleep. Choose a plush comforter in a soothing color for a luxury-hotel-quality sleep. (via Emily Henderson)
8. Shelving: You have a place for your essentials and a place for your gadgets… now what to do with the rest? DIY this amazing hanging shelf, made from a wooden crate, to create cozy storage for books and trinkets. (via Brit + Co)
9. Seating: Take a cue from Rachel Zoe and add a cozy seating area to your space. Though Rachel stuck with neutrals, we think a bold chair in teal ($429) or fuchsia ($230) is a great way to inject color into your bedroom.
How do you make your bedroom a cozy space? What other tips do you have? Talk to us in the comments!