It’s getting to that time of year when we’re trying to wrap everything up (and we’re not just talking about presents) before the holiday craziness ensues. And you know what that means? Your bod’s going to need a
little lot of TLC after those long days at the office. If you don’t have time to hit the yoga studio this season, try out these 10 stretches at your desk for some body bliss.
1. Lower Back Stretch: Okay, we’ll admit that your coworkers might think you look a little cray cray, but this lower back stretch is perfect when you’re aching on the job. (via Divine Caroline)
2. Side Stretch: It’s as easy as stretching your arms above your head to make you feel 10x better while at work. Go ahead and try it. You know you want to. (via Bloglovin’)
3. Spinal Twist: For this stretch, hold the back of your chair and twist your torso. It’ll relieve all of that built-up stress in your back — score! (via Greatist)
4. Neck Release: Staring at a computer screen all day? Us, too. Try out this neck release and you’ll never have felt better. (via PopSugar)
5. Back and Abs: This one is more of an exercise than a stretch, but hey, toning is never a bad thing. Try out this move to strengthen your back and abs. (via Shape)
6. Calf Raises: Having leg cramps from sitting too long? Do a few calf raises to feel better. (via PopSugar)
7. Shoulders, Back and Neck Stretch: Yep, yoga at the office is totally normal. This one hits all the biggies — shoulders, back and neck. You’re welcome. (via Dressed Up)
8. Wrist Strengthening: Typing is hard work, y’all. After a long day on the job, our wrists don’t feel their best. So the next thing on our list of things to do? Wrist strengthening. (via StyleCraze)
9. Star Arms: It’s easy to feel super tight after sitting at your desk for awhile. Try this stretch to open your chest and shoulders and help out your weary back at the same time. (via Refinery29)
10. Subtle Ab Workout: If you’re looking to stretch and strengthen at the same time, swap out your desk chair and squat on an exercise ball. Not only is it a subtle ab workout, but you can also do all of the stretches you want on it. (via The Buffalo News)
What are your favorite stretches during a long day at work? Let us know in the comments below!