Disney Princess Weddings IRL: 16 Timeless Tiana-Inspired Ideas
So you kissed a frog to help him turn back into a prince, but instead, you become a frog yourself. It sounds crazy, but it’s exactly what happened to Tiana in Disney’s The Princess and the Frog. Luckily, she got her happily-ever-after ending, and now you can too, by making these 15 Tiana-inspired ideas a unique part of your Disney Princess Wedding IRL. From gorgeous green gowns to water lily luminaries and a hint of Mardi Gras, this inspo will have you ready to hop right into planning the magical day of your dreams.
1. Mardi Gras-Inspired Scroll Invitations ($150 for 25): Set the stage for a regal affair by sending guests scroll invitations in purple and gold.
2. Disney Princess Bridal Gown ($2,199): From the pastel green hue to the water lily-inspired pattern on the skirt and train, we love everything about this dreamy Alfred Angelo ball gown. (Image via Kurt Wilberding/TheKnot)
3. Corseted Ball Gown: Featuring gorgeous details like a tulle flower and lace styling, this corseted ball gown by Terry Fox looks like something straight out of a storybook. (via Christopher Dadey + White Gallery London/Wedding Bells)
4. Purple Bridesmaid Dress + Mardi Gras Mask: Your bridesmaids can get in on the New Orleans vibe by rocking purple dresses and carrying Mardi Gras masks that complement their bouquets. (via Katelyn James)
7. Second Line Parade: A New Orleans tradition, a second-line parade is the ultimate way to lead guests to the reception and get your party off to an especially boisterous start. (via Koby + Terilyn Brown)
8. Twinkle Lights: An outdoor reception space looks all the more lovely with the addition of hanging twinkle lights that shine just as brightly as Ray, Tiana’s charming firefly friend. (via Steve Steinhardt Photography)
10. Moss-Inspired Tablescape: Even if you can’t get married down on the bayou, you can at least channel the vibe with moss-covered tables and candles that flicker like lightning bugs. (via Kent Bristol)
15. Mardi Gras-Inspired Dessert Display: If these desserts taste anywhere near as amazing as they look, we’d say guests are in for a terrific treat. Plus, how pretty are the vintage table and festive garland? (via Nikki Moore Photography)
16. Glamourous Green Cake Display: What could be more stylish than a romantic dessert display featuring fruit, flowers and candles? We especially love the woodland setting, gorgeous green tablecloth and spotted cake. (via BBJ Linen)
How would you channel your inner Tiana for the big day? Share some creative ideas below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)