So you kissed a frog to help him turn back into a prince, but instead, you become a frog yourself. It sounds crazy, but it’s exactly what happened to Tiana in Disney’s The Princess and the Frog. Luckily, she got her happily-ever-after ending, and now you can too, by making these 15 Tiana-inspired ideas a unique part of your Disney Princess Wedding IRL. From gorgeous green gowns to water lily luminaries and a hint of Mardi Gras, this inspo will have you ready to hop right into planning the magical day of your dreams.
1. Mardi Gras-Inspired Scroll Invitations ($150 for 25): Set the stage for a regal affair by sending guests scroll invitations in purple and gold.
2. Disney Princess Bridal Gown ($2,199): From the pastel green hue to the water lily-inspired pattern on the skirt and train, we love everything about this dreamy Alfred Angelo ball gown. (Image via Kurt Wilberding/TheKnot)
3. Corseted Ball Gown: Featuring gorgeous details like a tulle flower and lace styling, this corseted ball gown by Terry Fox looks like something straight out of a storybook. (via Christopher Dadey + White Gallery London/Wedding Bells)
4. Purple Bridesmaid Dress + Mardi Gras Mask: Your bridesmaids can get in on the New Orleans vibe by rocking purple dresses and carrying Mardi Gras masks that complement their bouquets. (via Katelyn James)
7. Second Line Parade: A New Orleans tradition, a second-line parade is the ultimate way to lead guests to the reception and get your party off to an especially boisterous start. (via Koby + Terilyn Brown)
8. Twinkle Lights: An outdoor reception space looks all the more lovely with the addition of hanging twinkle lights that shine just as brightly as Ray, Tiana’s charming firefly friend. (via Steve Steinhardt Photography)
10. Moss-Inspired Tablescape: Even if you can’t get married down on the bayou, you can at least channel the vibe with moss-covered tables and candles that flicker like lightning bugs. (via Kent Bristol)
15. Mardi Gras-Inspired Dessert Display: If these desserts taste anywhere near as amazing as they look, we’d say guests are in for a terrific treat. Plus, how pretty are the vintage table and festive garland? (via Nikki Moore Photography)
16. Glamourous Green Cake Display: What could be more stylish than a romantic dessert display featuring fruit, flowers and candles? We especially love the woodland setting, gorgeous green tablecloth and spotted cake. (via BBJ Linen)
How would you channel your inner Tiana for the big day? Share some creative ideas below.