From weddings and holiday get-togethers to birthday bashes and baby showers, parties are all the more amazing when you have the perfect lighting to set the mood. Whatever your style and plans might be, we’ve rounded up 14 DIY luminaries that look spectacular and, most importantly, can be made right from the comfort of your own couch. Here’s to having a fun time creating and an even better time celebrating!
1. Holiday Tree Luminaries: With summer on the downswing and Halloween just around the corner, Christmas can’t be too far behind, right? Get a jump on the season by putting together these understated yet eye-catching porcelain tree lights that will look pretty year ’round too. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Washi Tape Luminaries: From decorating keyboards to creating super stylish coasters, there are tons of versatile uses for washi tape. Here, it’s seen dressing up votives for a whimsical, rainbow-inspired look. (via Santa Barbara Chic)
4. Pumpkin Luminaries: Along with welcoming the return of sweater weather and hot apple cider, we just love decorating pumpkins during the fall. Give this year’s gourds a creative twist by turning them into twinkling luminaries guaranteed to impress party guests and trick-or-treaters alike. (via BHG)
7. Water Balloon Luminaries: Believe it or not, these stunning luminaries are created by dipping water balloons into wax! Follow the tutorial to make your own in just 10 easy steps. (via Candle Making Techniques)
10. Paper Flower Luminaries: Whether you’re getting married in the spring or just want to bring some extra beauty to your day, floral luminaries make great table accents and can even be used to line the aisle. (via 100 Layer Cake)
Do you have any fun luminary DIYs to share? Shout ’em out in the comments below or on Facebook.