Ditch Your Makeup ASAP With These 8 Removers
Some days, taking off our makeup is such a pain in our bums that we think about not wearing it at all. Obvs, we can’t do that because we’re obsessed with all things beauty-licious. So, we just delay removing our fab smokey eyes and glamorously glitter-strobed cheekbones by scrolling on Insta and watching cat videos for hours. But the beauty world has heard our cries and made these go-to products so makeup removal can be hella easy now. Can I get a hallelujah? We know you prob need these eight saviors for removing your lingering NYE glitter makeup and all of the coming winter wedding glitz. Feel free to go wild, because removal will be a cinch with these babies.
1. e.l.f. Makeup Remover Pen ($3): Ever used Q-Tips to remove a cat-eye tail that got a little too wild and end up making the situation *way* worse? Well, here’s your new BFF. This makeup remover pen will wipe away any glitches in your glam process without messing with the rest of your makeup masterpiece. Or, slide it into your clutch for a night out where you might end up crashing at a girlfriend’s.
2. Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm ($29): Whether you have dry, sensitive or oily skin, this cleansing balm is perfect to remove your makeup and give some love to it too. It’ll even remove your waterproof mascara without drying out your skin. I mean, could we even ask for more?
3. DHC Cleansing Oil ($28): Face, meet antioxidant-rich olive oil. Makeup, say buh-bye. You’ll totes love this cleanser/makeup remover combo and all the goodness it will give your skin at the end of a long day.
4. Yes to Blueberries Brightening Facial Towelettes ($6): When you’re too tired from your HBIC gig, forget about going all the way to the sink to wash your face. These super handy no-water-needed facial towelettes are a late night dream. Bonus: The lemon peel and apple will smooth and brighten your skin. You should prob keep a stash by your bed and in your purse.
5. Soy Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover Sample ($26): If your skin is a little picky, scoop up this gentle soy conditioner for your makeup removal. Made specifically for removing eye makeup, it’s def up for the challenge of cleaning off your day’s mixed-medal eyeshadow so you can rock some nighttime helix eye glam.
6. Simple Cleansing Micellar Water ($8): Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve probably heard about micellar water. This magic-in-a-bottle formula will cleanse and remove makeup at the same time without any harsh scrubbing. Made with vitamins B3 and C, along with triple purified water, your skin will be left glowy and fresh.
7. Neutrogena Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes ($9): These wipes are lazy girl-approved and will make your peskiest bits of makeup disappear. Gentle enough to use around the eyes, these wipes won’t leave an oily residue, either. Yes, please!
8. Lancôme Bi-Facil Double-Action Eye Makeup Remover ($30): You’ll only need a tiny dash of this award-winning must-have to say au revoir to the heaviest of smokey eyes. After a quick shake, the formula is activated to condition sensitive skin. Your skin will feel cool and refreshed afterward, and honestly, that’s all we want after 5pm.
Looking for even more beauty inspo? Check us out on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!