19 Easy Ways to Get the Sleek Scandinavian Look Your Home Needs
Copper and Scandinavian accents have taken over as the go-to metallic + minimalistic look for home decor, and there’s no better way to embrace the trend than with a good DIY project. With just a little copper spray paint (think: copper piping or your latest concrete DIY) there are plenty of easy ways to accent your decor with copper — talk about affordable. Play up that sleek Scandi aesthetic with a copper rosy glow in a coffee table, easy planter or statement-making mirror project. Here are 19 glam new ways to add a little bit of Scandinavian copper into every room in the house.
1. DIY Copper Concrete Drawer Pulls: Sometimes it’s the simplest projects that make the biggest difference. If you’re a renter looking for an inexpensive way to update your cabinets, swap out all the old knobs for these uber chic concrete and copper pulls. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
2. DIY Large Copper Round Mirror: Round mirrors are having a bit of a moment, but instead of shelling out big bucks for one, try this copper tubing DIY. It’s a great way to get the exact size you need in your small or large space. (via A Bubbly Life)
4. DIY Raised Copper Pot Plant Stand: If spring has you going a little plant crazy, give your indoor garden a makeover with these mod DIY plant stands. You might not think you need yet another planter, but adding a little height to your collection will make your plant corner look extra chic. (via Pure Sweet Joy)
5. DIY Copper Wire Baskets: Bring a little organization to your workspace (or fridge) with these mini copper baskets. Just because it’s not Easter doesn’t mean you can’t give away a little basket of treats every now and then. (via Fall for DIY)
6. DIY Copper Ladder: Every living room needs a solid collection of throw blankets, but when summer rolls around, it’s nice to have a place to store them. Instead of hiding them away in a basket, show them off on this elegant Scandinavian-inspired copper ladder. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. DIY Marble + Copper Foil Chargers: You might need to come up with a reason to throw a dinner party once you’ve finished making these gorg copper-edged dishes. Almost any plate setting will look good with these marble and copper chargers. (via Bird’s Party)
8. DIY Copper Toilet Paper Holder: Let’s be real: A lot of time is spent in the bathroom, so you might as well make it look good! All it takes is one trip to the hardware store to make this copper pipe toilet paper holder for your bathroom. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
9. DIY Hanging Copper Planter: Whether you’re in a tiny studio apartment with zero floor space or just need a little plant in your workspace, hanging plants are the ideal way to get some life into your home without cluttering your desk. They just hang out at eye level and clean your air, all while looking awesome. (via A Bubbly Life)
10. DIY Copper Chalkboard Globe: Why splurge on a fancy globe when you can totally DIY one that’s just as chic for way less money? Materials needed? Two cans of spray paint: one chalkboard paint and one copper paint. Easy peasy. (via I Spy DIY)
11. DIY Cement Candles: The copper and concrete combo offers an industrial-inspired look that’s still refined and stylish. DIY a bunch of these mini copper candle holders and turn them into a trendy centerpiece with flowers and succulents once the wick has burnt out. (via Little Inspiration)
12. DIY Dishwasher-Safe Painted Dishes: Warmer weather brings out the entertainer in all of us, which means you need to take your dishware to the next level. Make your next party V Instagrammable with this easy DIY copper brushstroke technique. (via Delia Creates)
13. DIY Multi Copper Display: Skinny copper pipes make for the cutest minimalist planters, as well as a million-dollar sculptural display. You’l probably want to stock up on your next trip to the hardware store. (via Eclectic Trends)
14. DIY Copper Open Shelving: Combining two trends — copper and open shelving — this kitchen DIY is one of the coolest (and easiest) projects ever. Seriously, all you need is a can of spray paint to make those shelf brackets instantly Pinterest-worthy. (via The Brauns)
15. DIY Copper Kitchen Chair: Turn those ugly old kitchen chairs into something trendy with a can of copper spray paint. By now, you probably already have this staple sitting on your craft shelf. (via Room of Karma)
16. DIY White + Copper Succulent Planters: Raise your hand if you’re guilty of binge-buying succulents. If you’ve found yourself in need of some planters ASAP, DIY these simple, modern copper-taped pots. (via Homey, Oh My!)
17. DIY Copper Clothes Rack: When your apartment closet is smaller than your refrigerator, it’s time to go vertical. Take advantage of a blank wall in your bedroom and create an entire closet out of copper piping and rope. (via A Pair and a Spare)
18. DIY Minimalist Copper Air Plant Holder: Everyone needs an air plant in their life. The simple design of these planters gives a fun, modern twist to your walls. Bonus: They’re just the right size to mix in with your gallery wall. (via Curbly)
19. DIY Copper Glass Hurricanes: Multi-faceted hurricanes are the perfect home decor DIY because of all the ways you can use them. Put them to work as succulent holders, hurricane candle holders or as centerpieces for your next dinner party. (via Brit + Co)
Which are your favorite copper DIY projects? Follow us on Pinterest for more creative Scandi + copper inspo.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)