10 DIY Mirror Projects to Give Your Room a Major Upgrade
A strategically placed mirror can make a room feel larger, give you a place to make sure you don’t have lipstick on your teeth before walking out the door and add a bit of character to any space. And since it’s something you look at every day, why not make it just as fabulous and beautiful as you are? We’ve rounded up 10 DIY mirror projects to turn those drab and boring mirrors into statement-making focal points for your living room, bedroom or any room really. Reflect on these and get inspired.
1. Sunburst Mirror: Everyone will think this was a major splurge (not a DIY), unless you tell them otherwise. And after making something that looks this good, you’ll probably want to tell everyone. (via Bright Little House)
2. Live Edge Mirror: If you’ve ever wanted to learn how to use a jigsaw, this is a great project to start with since there really is no way to mess it up. The more jagged the edges, the better. (via East Coast Creative Blog)
3. Gem Mirror: The thought of cutting glass may seem intimidating, but this tutorial makes it seem so easy. Leave your octagon mirror as-is, or go the next step and add gold lines with a little help from contact paper and gold spray paint. (via A Beautiful Mess)
4. Rough Quartz Mirror: Dress up your old mirror with a few bags of beach glass vase filler from the craft store. With a little creative placement and glueing, you’ll have something that looks like it cost you big bucks. (via Remodelaholic)
5. Folding Mirror Table: When you have limited square footage, multi-functional pieces are essential. This two-in-one mirror table is a great space-saver and is surprisingly easy to make. (via Handimania)
8. Glam Light-Up Mirror: This project is not for the DIY timid. After all your hard work, you’ll feel like you’re posing on the red carpet in front of this Hollywood-style mirror. (via My Cherry Style)
Are you going to try out any of these DIY projects? We’d love to hear from you!