This DIY Ghost Halloween Costume Is Anything But Basic
Getting ready for Halloween has never been easier — even when you are short or time and resources. Don’t believe us? Just take a look at this beyond simple (and, yet, totally festive) DIY ghost costume that can work for you and your boo. Whether you are on the hunt for a last-minute look or want to put a spin on an old classic, turn to this quick project for party time.
How to Make the Ghost Costume
Materials + Tools:
- 4 yards of white and cream cotton fabric
- white T-shirt and white pants
- hard hat
- cardboard (ideally from large boxes)
1. Cut two holes into long pieces of fabric. Have one piece lay so the length reaches the floor and have the other piece lay so the length covers the arms.
2. Use cardboard to make the shoulders even broader and more foreboding! Drape fabric over the shoulders as well.
3. Use a hard hat to drape extra fabric over the head.
4. Carry a copper lantern!
P.S. This oldie but goodie also works well with our equally easy mummy costume!
(All photos by Brit + Co)
For more Halloween costume inspo, head to our Halloween section. It’s a doozy!
DIY Production + Wardrobe: Kelly Bryden
Hair and Makeup: Misty Spinney
Photography: Kurt Andre