Get Ready for Springtime With These Easy DIY Nude Ballet Shoes
Whether it’s because you’re trudging through a sidewalk full of pools or because your feet ache from a week of work, there are some days when wearing glitzy heels just isn’t an option. Fortunately for us, we always have a backup plan — ballet flats! Not only are they one of the comfiest styles, but they also have the ability to turn even the most understated outfit into a chic, kind of Parisian one. If you dreamed of becoming a ballerina, then scroll on for the tutorial below. This shoe hack is calling you!
Materials and Tools:
1. Take your ribbon and cut 3 pieces: one that is 8 inches long, one that is 6 inches long, and the last one that is 4 inches long.
2. Take the first piece and wrap it around your hand to create a loop, then glue it in place.
3. Pinch the ribbon in the middle as shown below, and glue using the hot glue gun.
4. Repeat with the second piece and then once again to create a simple loop, as shown in the picture below.
5. Pile the loops and glue to create a perfect bow.
6. Finally glue the bow to the ballet shoe back and let completely dry. Then repeat with the other shoe.
First, take your ribbon and cut three pieces. The first one needs to be eight inches long, the second one six inches long, and the last one four inches long. Then take the longest piece and wrap it around your hand to create a loop and glue it in place. Pinch the ribbon in the middle, as shown above, and glue. Repeat the last step with the second piece of ribbon, and then once again to create a simple loop, as shown in the picture above. Next, pile the loops from the biggest to the smallest and glue to create a perfect bow. Last but not least, glue the bow to the ballet shoe back, let completely dry and repeat with the other shoe. Voilà, you’re done!
Pair them with your fave denim for a casual spring day, or wear them with a cute and girly outfit for Easter parties.
Ready for more spring style inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Scene: It's a few days before Thanksgiving and you've just found out you're hosting your pod's Friendsgiving, kids and all — help! Well, you've come to the right place because together with Camp by Walmart, we're showing you how to put together a beautiful DIY Thanksgiving tablescape in a few easy-to-recreate steps. Even the kids can get in on the fun as you learn how to design pumpkin-printed placemats or a glittering table runner in this choose-your-own-adventure crafting video. Head on over to Camp by Walmart to watch it now.