While the #Jungalow trend is all the rage right now, sometimes a lush indoor garden just isn’t in the cards for you and your not-so-green thumb. Whether you don’t have enough natural light, your pets keep knocking over your pots, or you’re just too busy traveling to worry about watering, these 20 DIY paper plants will give you the indoor garden of your dreams. You can use a Cricut machine to knock them out quickly, or just queue up your Netflix list and cut the leaves by hand for a more natural look. Read on to learn how to transform your space with one (or more) of the creative paper plants below.
1. DIY Paper Cactus: All you need for this DIY is some reference photos and paper-folding skills. The teeny pink flowers are crazy cute, but it’s the heart-shaped hole punches in the lower left cactus that have us pulling out our paper and scissors. (via Fábrica de Imaginación)
2. Paper Cactus Planter: Protect little fingers and pet noses by trading out your cacti garden for these colorful paper versions. Group several of them together on a tray or windowsill for a fab springtime vignette. (via Pat Catan’s Crafts)
4. Paper Plant Centerpieces: Okay, the only thing better than an indoor plant is a pink indoor plant. Give your dark workspace a jolt of color and earn extra decor points for sticking your creation in a quirky pot you made yourself. (via The House That Lars Built)
5. DIY Cactus Plants: Hello, green metallics! Make your indoor garden shine with these cute foil paper cacti that add the right amount of green to any space. Fill the pots with uncooked rice to make them heavy enough so that your cat can’t knock them over. (via The Crafted Sparrow)
6. DIY Paper Fiddle-Leaf Fig Tree: Ready to tackle something a little bigger? Make a paper version of Instagram’s most loved plant. The best part is that you can make this babe as big as you want, whether you need a two-foot-high plant or something bigger for your living room. (via The House That Lars Built)
8. Paper Chinese Money Plant DIY: Feel like something a little more modern and minimal? This DIY version costs next to nothing but makes a big visual impact. Use wire to form the long stems. (via The Apple of My DIY)
10. DIY Watermelon Peperomia: Bust out the green paper and white craft paint, ’cause you’ve got an indoor garden to make! This plant will come together faster than some of the other ones on this list because the leaves are a simple circle cutout (#winning). (via The House That Lars Built)
11. Paper Cactus and Grasses: With these DIY cutout cardboard pieces, you can put together a cacti garden like a puzzle. The best part is that you can paint these beauties any color you want. (via Delineate Your Dwelling)
12. Paper Maidenhair Fern Plant: You might want a paper-cutting machine for those lacy leaves and branches. The end result is so delicate and pretty you might just forget it isn’t the real thing. (via The Apple of My DIY)
13. DIY Paper Peruvian Maidenhair Fern: This “plant” is the ideal DIY for the minimalist home. Its beautiful simplicity adds just the right amount of greenery without overwhelming the space. (via Handmade Curator)
14. DIY Paper Heart Leaf Philodendron: These plants usually require a ton of natural light, so if your space is too dark, consider this paper version instead. The heart-shaped leaves would be adorable for a nursery and get extra points for being baby safe! (via The House That Lars Built)
15. DIY Paper Monstera Leaves: Whether you make one or a whole vase full, these bright-colored leaves will add tropical vibes to any room. The two-tone paper really gives them that extra wow factor. (via Damask Love)
16. Potted Paper Snake Plant: Whoa, this snake plant looks so realistic you might be tempted to water it. Use markers to make the squiggly lines and floral wire to get those signature wavy leaves. (via Lia Griffith)
Are these paper plant projects sparking your creativity? Follow us on Pinterest for even more DIY decor ideas and tons of gardening inspo.