We’ve been making new Holiday decor pieces a lot lately: from a modern wall tree and colorful advent calendar to a velvet tree skirt that doubles as a stunning skirt for your own bod (yes! You read it right!). And now, we’ve taken on the ultimate challenge: creating 10 Urban Outfitters ornaments for the price of one.
Materials and Tools:
- rolling pin
- parchment paper
- X-ACTO knife or box cutter
- pink acrylic
- Mod Podge
- old paintbrush
- card stock
- earring hooks
- collar stays or small popsicle sticks
- air-hardening modeling clay
1. Protect your surface by covering it with a piece of parchment paper, and roll the clay between your hands until it’s soft and malleable. Then roll out the clay to a 1/2-inch-thick layer.
2. Take your card stock, draw the shape of a popsicle and cut it out.
3. Use the paper popsicle as a template, and cut out your first ornament with an X-ACTO knife or box cutter.
4. Insert a collar stay to create the popsicle stick, and then insert an earring hook before the clay dries.
5. Once the clay is completely dry, use a brush to paint the popsicle with your fave shade.
6. Paint a thin layer of Mod Podge, add some sprinkles and complete with a new coat of glue.
Before we start, be sure to protect your surface by covering it with a piece of parchment paper. Then, warm the clay with your hands. When it’s soft and malleable, roll it to create a 1/2-inch-thick layer. Now take your card stock, draw the shape of a popsicle and cut it out. Next, use the paper popsicle as a template, and cut out your first ornament with an X-ACTO knife or box cutter.
To make a hook, you can use a simple paper clip or an earring hook inserted into the clay. Also, insert a collar stay to create the popsicle stick before letting the clay dry. Then paint the ornament with a colorful acrylic and wait until it’s dried. Lastly, paint a thin layer of Mod Podge, add some sprinkles and complete with a new coat of glue. You’re now ready to hang your sweet ornament. Isn’t it fun? :)
So satisfying to make your own Urban Outfitters-inspired ornaments for a fraction of the price!
Are you DIYing any Christmas tree ornaments? Show us your project by tagging us on Instagram + using the hashtag #iamcreative!