Need an Easy Dinner? Try This Sheet-Pan Lemon Chicken, Squash, and Green Beans Recipe
It’s squash season, baby. Celebrate both the yellow and green variety with this sheet-pan chicken dinner, simple enough for someone who is both new to the kitchen and who may or may not have had too much rosé by the pool. Prep green beans, zucchini, and yellow squash, tenderly toss chicken tenders and veggies in a lemon-garlic olive oil, and roast — all on the same sheet pan. It’s that easy. Whip up this summer dinner recipe whenever you have a spare 30 minutes, then you can get right back to that glass of wine you were sipping.
SHEET-PAN CHICKEN WITH SUMMER SQUASH AND GREEN BEANS
Recipe note: If the veggies and chicken are evenly coated in oil, they should not stick to the pan. However, if you know your pan is prone to sticking or you want to be on the safe side, feel free to use a piece of parchment paper.
- 6 chicken breast tenders
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice and zest of half a lemon
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound green beans
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place chicken onto a rimmed half sheet pan. Drizzle half of the olive oil and half of the lemon juice over the chicken. Cover the chicken generously with lemon zest, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Bake for 8 minutes.
- As the chicken cooks, chop off both ends of the green beans, and slice in half (or desired size). Slice zucchini and yellow squash into medallions. In a bowl, coat the vegetables in the remaining olive oil and lemon juice, and season as desired.
- After 8 minutes, remove the pan from the oven, and arrange the vegetables beside the chicken. Sprinkle the garlic over the chicken and vegetables. Return to the oven and bake for 8-10 more minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
Want more easy summer dinners? Check out our DIY Recipes!
(Photos and recipe via Sara Cagle / Brit + Co)