So you’ve just moved into your dream space, but after the major furniture and appliance purchases, now you’re running a little cash poor. Instead of buying finishing touches like side tables and nightstands, we’ve got just the DIYs to help you save money *and* make a statement. Scroll down for seven bold and bright DIY options that will dress up your new space.
1. Mid-Century With Storage: What do you get when you mix a cake pan, some paint, and a few pieces of wood? A very stylish table that’s surprisingly easy to create. We love the gold and peach color choices on this beauty. (via Sugar and Cloth)
2. Two-Tiered and Pastel: We’re heart eyes over any DIY makeover that takes a run-down two-tiered side table and turns it into the centerpiece of a fresh and beachy space. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
3. Chopping Board Conversion: For fans of clean and simple, this IKEA chopping board-turned-side table is a big winner. The style is incredibly versatile and could work as a nightstand or patio table. (via Enthralling Gumption)
4. Modern Block Style: Revamp boring and outdated block tables (like those you often find at flea markets or thrift stores) with a modern geometric twist. This one’s spiffed up with contact paper that adds a trendy and eclectic feel. (via Hello Lidy)
5. Gilded Side Table: We’ve coveted West Elm’s beautiful and best-selling Martini Side Table for ages, but who’d have guessed that this golden gem of a table was so easy to dupe? Check out our DIY for a major living room upgrade. (via Brit + Co)
6. IKEA Hack: A black and white nightstand or side table beats out a bland unfinished one any day of the week. All it takes is a few hours, a fresh coat of paint, and some gumption. (via My Domaine)
7. Minimalist Magic: Mid-century is definitely having its moment. But if you’re more of a purist with minimalist decor, this nightstand will likely be your speed. A coat of varnish will keep the unfinished look fresh for years to come. (via Burkatron)
Which DIY are you doing first? If you’re looking for more decor ideas and ways to update your outdoor space, follow us on Pinterest for tons of inspo and DIY ideas.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.