The 2017 Oscars are *this* Sunday, so it’s time to cast yourself in the role of Hostess With the Mostest and throw an affair to remember. Besides, why should the A-listers get to have all the fun (not to mention the swag bags)? Whether you roll out a literal red carpet and get dolled up in your fanciest clothes or keep a scorecard in your PJs, check out these 11 easy Oscar party DIYs and get planning.
1. Glittery Black and White Popcorn: The Oscars are a total cinematic delight in the way of eye-popping dresses, dazzling jewelry, and jaw-dropping speeches. Drizzle a little chocolate and edible glitter over the popcorn to feed your guests a swanky snack that’s worthy of all that glam. (via Brit + Co)
2. “Popcorn” Cupcakes: When it comes to hosting an award-winning awards party, you can’t go wrong with salty and sweet treats. Pair these “popcorn” cupcakes with the real deal so your guests can have the best of both worlds. (via Brit + Co)
3. Gold Fringe Chandelier DIY: To really set the stage for a gilded and glitzy night in, DIY a gold fringe chandelier to hang over the snack table. Come to think of it, a little fringe is all *any* party needs. (via Brit + Co)
4. 3D Oscar Cookies: Celebs aside, the gold Oscar is the real star of the night. Bake up a batch of edible Oscars for your guests to win for Best Dressed, Cutest Shoes, and Biggest Appetite. (via Aww.Sam)
5. DIY Oscar Balloon Party Awards: And the award for Best Shoes goes to… if you’re short on time and can’t swing a baked version, grab a few gallons and DIY quick award titles, like Best Mani and Best Shoes, in gold. Use mini statuettes to hold them in place during your party, then send them home with guests as favors. (via Studio DIY)
6. Printable Oscar Tattoos: Tat up your friends to reward the winners for guessing the most awards correctly, or for predicting the gown colors at the red carpet. You can never really go wrong with fun faux tattoos. (via Squirrelly Minds)
8. Sparkling Donuts: Emma Stone won’t be the only sparkling bae on the Hollywood circuit this year. This year, the award for prettiest dessert goes to these beautiful batches of donuts. Yes, they’re edible, but they’re almost too gorgeous to eat. We did say almost. (Gemini Photography Ontario / Style Me Pretty)
9. Movie Place Setting: Whether you’re hosting dinner before the event, or just setting a table for your Hollywood-worthy snacks, DIY basic black paper dinner plates into a director’s clipboard. Hurry up, before we call, ”ACTION!” (via Lisa Storms)
10. Lady Rose Cocktails: Any party needs to have a signature drink, and you know the after parties are brimming with Champagne. Create a pretty pink drink to commemorate an evening of stars, fun, and glitz. (via Jillian Harris)
Are you hosting an Oscar party? Follow us on Pinterest for more Hollywood partying tips.