13 Easy Updos for Your Holiday Parties and Beyond
You’ve got the perfect dress, shoes and purse picked out for your daily ‘fit or party ensemble, but let’s not forget about your hair. You could leave it down and head out the door, but why not really amp up your hair game and go for a swanky, modern updo? Truth be told, some people find updos a little intimidating, especially if there are time constraints involved. Well, we’re here to tell you that getting a gorgeous updo in minutes flat is not only possible, but it’s also so easy. Here are 13 uncomplicated and dazzling updos you (yes, you!) can pull together for your holiday parties and beyond.
1. Double Bun: We’re all familiar with double buns, but when they’re stacked on top of one another rather than side by side, a whole new and fantastic hair look is born. This style is a breeze and will have you looking put together in a quick few minutes. (via Style Me Pretty)
2. Curly Updo: Styling curly hair can be a hassle, but with this tutorial it doesn’t have to be. Tame your rogue locks into this beautiful and elegant updo, ideal for not only holiday parties but weddings, Sunday brunch and your next GNO with the gang. (via Once Wed)
3. Headband Tuck: If retro beauty is your thing, try your hand at this simple tucked hairstyle. Roll your hair up inside the headband, tuck, pin and you’re ready to hit those holiday shindigs with some throwback glam. (via Refinery29)
4. Curly Twist: This twisted updo oozes charm and will have you looking like you walked straight out of the pages of a Jane Austen novel. Just separate your hair into pieces and wrap them around one central chignon at the nape of your neck and you’re good to go. (via Anne Sage)
5. Sleek Low Bun: Low buns are the epitome of cool and chic when they’re done in just the right way. Luckily, this one’s totally achievable. With a minimalist polish, rock this hairstyle with a LBD and chunky-heeled sandals or a fuzzy turtleneck and your favorite jeans. (via Byrdie)
6. Knotty Updo: Fit for any dignified lady, this knotted updo is SO simple to execute. Divide your hair, tie pieces into four loose knots, secure with an elastic and then tuck under with a bobby pin. Not only will your holiday party look benefit from this ‘do, but it would also make for a gorgeous bridal look. (via LuLu*s)
7. Voluminous Topknot: The bigger the topknot, the bigger the glamour. High-volume hairdos are no longer reserved for blowouts, ’cause this topknot just entered the fold in a mega stylish way. A combination of backcombing, artful wrapping and hairspray lend to the end result of this fabulously easy look. (via Lovely Blonde Closet)
8. Triple Twisted Buns: Double buns are definitely incredible, but triple buns? Amazing. This style is excellent for those days when you want your hair to look pretty but you only have a few minutes to make it happen. Replicate this look in just six easy-to-follow steps! (via A Cup of Jo)
9. Braided Bow: Forget the accessories — the best one you’ll wear all night will be right on your head. Look like the gift that you are and make an unforgettable first impression at your holiday bash when you rock this stand-out braided bow bun. Lady Gaga, eat your heart out. (via Brit + Co)
10. Messy Bun: If a smoothed-out look isn’t really your style, opt for a messy boho bun instead. A little knot here, a little knot there and you’ve got an easy breezy hairstyle. It’s a cinch to get this look in a flash, so let it become your go-to on those days you’ve pressed the snooze button too many times. (via Marie Claire)
11. Twisted Ponybun: You know when you goto do a ponytail but you keep half of your hair in a bun instead? That lazy-girl hack is the foundation for this twisted updo that is *just* as gorgeous from the front. (via Brit + Co)
12. Plaited Updo: With this tutorial, you’re just a few braids away from a beautiful ‘do you can wear all year round. This look flatters all hair types and is SO versatile. Styling tip: If your hair is on the finer side, make sure to stretch out and loosen up your braids before tucking to make your hair look thicker. (via Hair Romance)
13. The Twisted Bun: A little added twist always makes things better, and this bun is no exception. Start off with your locks in loose pigtails, then cross, knot and finally pin them around the central knot. It will look stunning at your office holiday party, paired with a white and silver dress for some chic wintry vibes. (via Once Wed)
What is your go-to easy updo style? Share with us in the comments!