12 Products to Make Your Blowout Last for All Your Holiday Parties
You want your tresses to look their best when those holiday parties start rolling in, but you don’t have time for the luxury of a wash and full blowout every single day. Don’t you worry, boo — we’ve got your back. Whether you want a smoothing hair prepper, a volume saver or something to nix greasy roots, lengthening the life of your blown-out tresses is totally within your reach. Here are 12 products that will help your blowout last for days + keep it looking #flawless for all of your holiday parties and festivities.
1. Nexxus New York Salon Care Hydra Light Shampoo ($14): Before you blow out your hair, it’s important to prep it. This super-lightweight shampoo will give volume and hydration to your hair and keep your blowout from flattening out later on.
2. Drybar Velvet Hammer Hydrating Control Cream ($29): Tame and add shine to thick and curly hair with this hydrating formula. Prepping your locks with this before you get your blowout will help it stay smooth as long as possible.
3. Drybar Buttercup Blow Dryer ($195): For maximum sleekness on blown-out locks, utilize a blow dryer with a nozzle like this one from Drybar. By focusing the hot air on your hair, it will dry quicker, cause less frizz and ultimately make your style last longer.
4. Big Sexy Hair Get Layered Flash Dry Thickening Hairspray ($18): If you notice your blown out tresses starting to wilt, spray a little of this onto a paddle brush and apply it directly to your roots. This formula will moisturize your hair without buildup and protect it from frizz and humidity.
5. Reverie Milk Anti-Frizz Leave-in Nourishing Treatment ($42): If your hair is prone to dryness, use this leave-in treatment to make sure your hair stays hydrated — plus, the formula is gentle enough for color-treated hair.
6. Macadamia Professional Style Extend Dry Shampoo ($25): This dry shampoo will absorb the excess oil in your hair and remove any build-up to prolong the life of your blowout. Complete with a natural finish, it will have your hair feeling fresh and clean.
7. Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($42): If you’re worried dry shampoo will leave your hair looking chalky, this texturizing spray will revive the volume without hassle. Use it to add texture for bigger, glamorous hair.
8. Goody QuickStyle Half Round Brush With Microfiber Bristles ($12): The right brush is a totally vital element of your blowout experience. This one from Goody incorporates microfiber that absorbs water from your wet hair as you blow dry + the round shape is ideal for hair sleekness.
9. Matrix Biolage Styling Smoothing Shine Milk ($16): When your hair is visibly losing its oomph or sporting flyaways, whip out this lightweight mist. You’ll be looking fresh as ever in seconds.
10. GOODY Ouchless Ponytailers Denim Scrunchies Five Count ($5): Whether you blow out your locks the night before or feel the urge to take a pre-party nap, use a scrunchy to secure your hair in a low ponytail or pair of double buns before hitting the pillow. When you wake up, simply take your hair out and you won’t have to face any messy tangles.
11. Skinny Flyaway Tamer Headband ($12): Decorating for holiday parties can be a rigorous affair and cause you to work up a sweat. To make sure your blowout doesn’t get greasy or flatten, slip on a moisture-wicking headband to keep scalp sweat at bay.
12. Sun Bum Beach Formula Sea Spray ($15): When worse comes to worse and your blowout is starting to go downhill, embrace it! A spritz of some sea salt spray will give you a piece-y, boho-chic look.
Do you have any of your own tips for prolonging the life of your blowout? Share with us in the comments!