You practically lived in sundresses all summer long, but now that the leaves are changing, it’s time to usher in a whole new arsenal of easy options. Minis and midis are this season’s essential shapes, with wrap, ruched, and button detailing adding oomph to tried-and-true silhouettes. Scroll on for 11 must-have options that will do your style rep proud.
1. Zara Crossover Dress With Long Sleeves ($50): Get wrapped up in fall’s most flattering frock: the wrap dress. Ultra-versatile, this DDG dress is the kind of piece that makes desk-to-drinks dressing a total snap.
2. & Other Stories Rosebud Dress ($125): Your favorite maxi gets a major upgrade for fall with dark, dramatic florals and a sporty zip-up neckline.
3. Donna Morgan Plaid Ruched-Sleeve Dress ($168): Ruched detailing gives statement sleeves a slightly retro feel for fall.
4. ASOS WHITE Deconstructed Knit Sweater Dress ($135): Cool nights call for a cozy sweater dress that feels like a warm hug the second you slip it on. Slap on a sleek belt and ankle boots for the office, or strut your stuff in sneakers for a laid-back athleisure-inspired look.
5. Mango Check Floral Dress ($80): The perfect check print isn’t the only thing we love about this fabulous floral number — the button-front detail and empire waist provide this classic pattern with a punch of RN appeal.
6. Free People Gidget Sweater Mini Dress ($148): Mini dresses with mid-century flare are popping up everywhere this season, and this sassy striped stunner takes the cake.
7. H&M Ruffled Dress ($70): Unstructured elegance with a playful twist — that’s what this go-with-the-flow frock is all about. It’s the perfect pick to pull out when the midweek blahs get you down.
8. The Fifth Atlanta Polka Dot Long Sleeve Dress ($115): Boasting both bell sleeves and a ruffled mock neck, this ah-mazing A-line has it all.
9. Wilfred Free Christine Dress ($98): Slip dresses are sticking around for yet another season, and this bias-cut beauty is the one you’ll want to style alongside turtlenecks, long-sleeved tees, and OTT shearling coats.
10. Madewell Tunic Sweater Dress ($98): We’ve never been ones to believe in love at first sight, but this rib knit number made us change our tune. Whether you rock it solo or layer it over a tee, it’s guaranteed to attract more than a few nods of approval.
11. Lovers + Friends Game Day Sweatshirt Dress ($168): A fave look of Hailey Baldwin and the Kardashian crew, a low-key sweatshirt dress paired with a set of bombshell boots strikes the perfect balance of athleisure and low-key cool.
Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.