10 Embellished Handbag Straps to Update Your Purse
Gone are the days when you’d invest all your hard-earned cash on the latest It bag only to realize it’s actually not that versatile after all. But hello, it’s 2017, and customization reigns supreme. AKA, if you’re not already reaching for the fuzzy charms, decorative adhesives, and now interchangeable straps, then you best be getting to it. Give your everyday purse the makeover that it deserves with one of these 11 next-level handbag straps — from festi-cool fringe to ultra-femme floral — for major #OOTD slayage. See, now you have no excuse.
1. Nena & Co. No. 4259 One of Kind Bag Strap ($78): Imagine the possibilities with this reversible strap made of vintage artisan fabrics.
2. Pop & Suki Backpack Straps ($50): Neighborhood #girlgang alert! Run, don’t walk, to call dibs on this millennial pink backpack strap that will leave you hands-free to run internship errands or hang with your crew.
3. Marc Jacobs Webbed Leopard Bag Strap ($85): Turn heads with a shocking pink leopard print strap. Achieve groupie status by teaming it with a leather moto jacket and biker boots.
4. Anya Hindmarch All Over Stickers Shoulder Strap ($545): We know this signature Anya Hindmarch strap is a bit of a splurge, but we’re also advocates of the cost-per-wear equation. The compilation of rad stickers, including googly eyes and a winking face, caters to the emoji-obsessed crowd.
5. Elle & Jae Gypset Macramé Guitar Bag Strap ($38): ‘70s babes, rejoice! Between summer weddings and well-timed getaways, this macramé guitar strap is calling out to the inner hippie in all of us.
6. Rebecca Minkoff Embroidered Flower Guitar Strap ($75): Summer 2017’s It accessory? You’re looking at it. You can count on this embroidered flower guitar strap lending just the right amount of rock ‘n’ roll swagger to your trusty M.A.C. or compact satchel.
7. Charles & Keith Weave Detail Bag Strap ($29): Now this is what we like to call business with a side of pleasure. Werk it during your morning commute with a woven chevron strap that fastens to any top-handle bag.
8. Kate Spade Mix It Up Fringe Strap ($128): We don’t typically like to play favorites, but how can you not when you find a strap that packs this much style. The party-ready tassels and multi-color jacquard detail practically call for a sombrero (Taco Tuesday outing, y’all!).
9. Carrie’d NYC Caroline Adjustable Guitar Handbag Strap ($130): Get all of your looks in one with this reversible strap. One second you have a pink and red striped option, and the next you’re flaunting a colorful tapestry-inspired pattern. If that’s not sartorial magic, then we don’t know what is.
10. Cath Kidston Mallory Ditsy Strap ($24): New day, new #BOTW (bag of the week). That’s exactly what Cath Kidston had in mind when designing this ditsy floral strap that’s Hamptons-bound — just add a dainty LWD and lace-up espadrilles for the full lewk. Pssst: We’re also partial to the millennial pink saddlebag (sadly, not included).
Which of these interchangeable handbag straps will you be investing in? Follow us on Pinterest for more style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.