5 Style Tips to Steal from Your New Favorite Hollywood It Girl
Emily Ratajkowski has been a lot of things in her short career as an actress. The 24-year old can tick the boxes next to Disney Channel child star (she had a recurring role on on iCarly), video girl (remember her from Robin Thicke’s song of summer “Blurred Lines” — or maybe you tried to forget), Sports Illustrated swimsuit model, cast in a blockbuster film (she played Ben Affleck’s character’s mistress in Gone Girl), and now lead actress alongside one of Hollywood’s hottest dudes, Zac Efron, in the new flick We Are Your Friends. On top of that, she’s blowing up as Hollywood’s newest style muse — just take a look at her recent string of red carpet appearances to see why. While there are plenty of swoon-worthy style moments to be found, we zoned in on the ways you can channel the not-so-newbie’s looks IRL. Below, five style tips you should steal from your new favorite It girl actress.
1. Trade in your tans and khakis for blush pink: We all might not have a gorgeous Grecian gown in our weekly outfit rotation, but you can take a cue from Emily’s hue of choice. Pale, dusty pink is the perfect color to refresh staples in dull tans or khakis and even ones in darker neutrals while giving it a slightly feminine edge. Try swapping out your black blazer for an oversized blush version to give your work wardrobe an instant pick me up. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
2. You need a cropped sweater this fall: Did crop tops just get snuggly? Not entirely, but there’s no way around how cute a cropped sweater is. Play up this season’s mod trend by rocking a ribbed knit shortie with a leather mini skirt, or keep it cozy with your go-to pair of mom jeans. (Photo via Timothy Hiatt / Getty)
3. Culottes *can* make a cute date-night outfit: One of this season’s most polarizing pant silhouettes is actually one of the flirtiest items of clothing you can own — see the light by thinking about the cropped wide-legged pants as an edgier way to wear a voluminous midi skirt. Keep preppy vibes alive with a boatneck top and classic heels or unleash your inner fashion girl with a patterned button up and platform sneakers. If your boo is a good guy, like Zac here, he won’t let the pants get between the two of you. (Photo via Michael Loccisano/Getty)
4. Belt your jumpsuits: This is the upgrade your jumpsuit collection has been waiting for. Depending on what belt you decide to buckle on — a sleek metallic bar, a Western-inspired rope, a classic leather loop — the accessory can give your onesie a whole new vibe. (Photo via Gustavo Caballero/Getty)
5. “Sparkly” + “Sporty” can be style BFFs: That whole “opposites attract” thing is really proving itself to be true with this outfit that adds major sparkle to an otherwise simple, sporty dress. Take note the next time you slip on your favorite sweatpants or athleisure top — it might be time to start accessorizing with your flashy metallic tee or glistening rhinestone statement necklace. (Photo via Stuart C. Wilson/Getty)
What celebrities do you look up to for style tips? Tell us in the comments below.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)