6 Feminist Dudes We Would Love Emma Watson to Date
With feminism at the forefront, we’re flooded with support from many male stars showing their solidarity—especially for the beloved, equality-driven, intelligent, beautiful, and talented Brown alum, Emma Watson. After she squashed the rumors about her and Prince Harry canoodling, we decided to take her dating matters into our own hands. Here are a few solid suggestions for eligible suitors that share her priorities and ideals.
1. Harry Styles: Harry and Hermione? I mean, come on. Other than being one of the most attractive men on the planet (he’s 21, does that count as a man?), he was one of the first well-known hotties to publicly support Emma’s #HeforShe campaign (swoon). The One Direction star has shown his loyalty to the fight for equality several times. He presented Emma with the British Style Award earlier this year and literally whispered “He for She” in her ear as he handed it to her. How could he not be #1 on the list?
2. Ryan Gosling: We really just need to write his name as justification. But we will explain. The rumored-to-be newly single actor supported the portrayal of female sexuality and condemned the behavior of the media. Just think of it this way: Hey Girl, “It’s misogynistic in nature to try and control a woman’s sexual presentation of self.” (Note: This is something he actually said.) Picture them reading, drinking tea, and having long thoughtful conversations about female impressionist painters.
3. Jared Leto: I present you with the multi-talented actor and frontman of 30 Seconds to Mars. Jared Leto showed his support on Instagram with “@emwatson is an inspiration for taking a stand and sparking a worthy debate. HeForShe.” In an interview at Cannes Lions after playing a transgender character in Dallas Buyers Club, Leto spoke of how his single mother taught him to appreciate women’s issues. He also enlightened the crowd about his personal experience with femininity: “I’ve worn the heels, I’ve put on the tights and everything else, so I feel your pain ladies.” Pro: He pulls off ombre better than any lady, and she would definitely be able to share hair products with him.
4. Douglas Booth: British, supportive of feminism, and ungodly handsome with the most perfect jaw, Douglas Booth sported one of the “This is what a feminist looks like” tees in support of the ELLE UK campaign. He also tweeted, “I am a passionate supporter of gender equality. @EmWatson @HeforShe @UN_Women.”
5. Tom Hiddleston: Not only did Loki from The Avengers tweet a beautiful, handwritten #HeforSHE picture where his blue eyes are staring directly into our soul, but he said, “@EmWatson you are impeccable & extraordinary. I stand with you. I believe in gender equality. #heforshe.” He then took his support a step further by quoting Emma’s tear-jerkingly amazing UN Speech: “Both men & women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men & women should feel free to be strong.” He also looked like a modern day superman trying to bust out of his “This is what a feminist looks like” t-shirt. We approve.
6. Matthew Lewis (AKA Neville Longbottom): Emma’s Harry Potter co-star, who has grow up quite well if we do say so ourselves, showed his support for Emma’s campaign with a very thoughtful tweet: “So proud of @EmWatson. From the girl I grew up with to the inspirational woman she is today. I’m with you. #heforshe.” Perhaps they could incindio some old romance (note: we’re aware that Neville and Hermione had no romantic involvement).
Now my dear Ms. Watson, feel free to choose from this list of fine young men. We think that any of these lads would make a great partner to accompany you on your future endeavors. We have no doubt that you’ll continue to run the world and become the next queen of England. Thank you for lighting a fire under this extremely important issue. All the love to you and the man behind the amazing woman.
Who’s your dream suitor for the lovely Emma Watson? Share with us in the comments below.
This was originally published on LevoLeague by Molly Russell
(Photos via Pascal Le Segretain/Andreas Rentz/Alberto E. Rodriguez/Ian Gavan/Gustavo Caballero/Getty)
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.