6 Feminist Dudes We Would Love Emma Watson to Date
With feminism at the forefront, we’re flooded with support from many male stars showing their solidarity—especially for the beloved, equality-driven, intelligent, beautiful, and talented Brown alum, Emma Watson. After she squashed the rumors about her and Prince Harry canoodling, we decided to take her dating matters into our own hands. Here are a few solid suggestions for eligible suitors that share her priorities and ideals.
1. Harry Styles: Harry and Hermione? I mean, come on. Other than being one of the most attractive men on the planet (he’s 21, does that count as a man?), he was one of the first well-known hotties to publicly support Emma’s #HeforShe campaign (swoon). The One Direction star has shown his loyalty to the fight for equality several times. He presented Emma with the British Style Award earlier this year and literally whispered “He for She” in her ear as he handed it to her. How could he not be #1 on the list?
2. Ryan Gosling: We really just need to write his name as justification. But we will explain. The rumored-to-be newly single actor supported the portrayal of female sexuality and condemned the behavior of the media. Just think of it this way: Hey Girl, “It’s misogynistic in nature to try and control a woman’s sexual presentation of self.” (Note: This is something he actually said.) Picture them reading, drinking tea, and having long thoughtful conversations about female impressionist painters.
3. Jared Leto: I present you with the multi-talented actor and frontman of 30 Seconds to Mars. Jared Leto showed his support on Instagram with “@emwatson is an inspiration for taking a stand and sparking a worthy debate. HeForShe.” In an interview at Cannes Lions after playing a transgender character in Dallas Buyers Club, Leto spoke of how his single mother taught him to appreciate women’s issues. He also enlightened the crowd about his personal experience with femininity: “I’ve worn the heels, I’ve put on the tights and everything else, so I feel your pain ladies.” Pro: He pulls off ombre better than any lady, and she would definitely be able to share hair products with him.
4. Douglas Booth: British, supportive of feminism, and ungodly handsome with the most perfect jaw, Douglas Booth sported one of the “This is what a feminist looks like” tees in support of the ELLE UK campaign. He also tweeted, “I am a passionate supporter of gender equality. @EmWatson @HeforShe @UN_Women.”
5. Tom Hiddleston: Not only did Loki from The Avengers tweet a beautiful, handwritten #HeforSHE picture where his blue eyes are staring directly into our soul, but he said, “@EmWatson you are impeccable & extraordinary. I stand with you. I believe in gender equality. #heforshe.” He then took his support a step further by quoting Emma’s tear-jerkingly amazing UN Speech: “Both men & women should feel free to be sensitive. Both men & women should feel free to be strong.” He also looked like a modern day superman trying to bust out of his “This is what a feminist looks like” t-shirt. We approve.
6. Matthew Lewis (AKA Neville Longbottom): Emma’s Harry Potter co-star, who has grow up quite well if we do say so ourselves, showed his support for Emma’s campaign with a very thoughtful tweet: “So proud of @EmWatson. From the girl I grew up with to the inspirational woman she is today. I’m with you. #heforshe.” Perhaps they could incindio some old romance (note: we’re aware that Neville and Hermione had no romantic involvement).
Now my dear Ms. Watson, feel free to choose from this list of fine young men. We think that any of these lads would make a great partner to accompany you on your future endeavors. We have no doubt that you’ll continue to run the world and become the next queen of England. Thank you for lighting a fire under this extremely important issue. All the love to you and the man behind the amazing woman.
Who’s your dream suitor for the lovely Emma Watson? Share with us in the comments below.
This was originally published on LevoLeague by Molly Russell
(Photos via Pascal Le Segretain/Andreas Rentz/Alberto E. Rodriguez/Ian Gavan/Gustavo Caballero/Getty)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.