Ready to feel kinda old? And weirdly proud of someone you know but don’t actually know? This weekend, Emma Watson graduated from college! The 24-year-old was one of about 2,000 graduates to receive a diploma from Brown University. And she commemorated the event like any other self-respecting millennial. By tweeting a cap and gown selfie, of course!
We remember when the Harry Potter actress first went off to college, something a lot of child stars do… but don’t really do (ahem, Mary Kate + Ash, Stefani “Lady Gaga” Germanotta, I’m lookin’ at you, my fellow freshman year NYU peers!). Cheers to Emma! To celebrate, here are five things that make us think Emma Watson in college was #justlikeus… #kinda.
1. Emma got her degree in English Literature. Uh, samesies, we know you’re thinking. Maybe she can even come to you if she needs advice for “what to do” with said degree ;)
2. She took a pretty cool gap year. The star previously known as Hermione Granger took five years total to complete her studies, with a break to promote The Deathly Hallows: Part 2 in there. That’s the best excuse ever for being a Super Senior, if you ask us.
3. Emma kiiind of went to college to rebel. While your version of this might have been more about mom and dad, Emma’s rebellion was to fame, but tomay-to, tomah-to. To W magazine, Miss Watson talked about her choice to really “do college” — she roomed with a stranger and shared a bathroom with eight other people in a coed dorm for her first year at Brown. But hey, it worked. She admitted to throwing parties that classmates attended without tipping off the paparazzi or even posting one pic to Facebook. Respect!
4. She is probably a little hungover right now. In an interview with Elle, Emma talked about how important it was for her to graduate, in part to prove the naysayers wrong. “I will be there,” she promised, talking graduation. “And I will be throwing a huge party. And getting very drunk.” Since graduation was officially yesterday, our math tells us she was hurting a bit this AM.
5. She has no idea what she wants to do with her life either. Hey, are you a grad freaking out about what to do after dorm life is donezo? Don’t fret, even superstars like Emma are clueless. She recently Tweeted: “Look. I just want to know exactly what the next ten years of my life is going to look like ok?” Same.
So what do you think — would you have been BFF with Emma Watson or what? Hacky sack in the quad, Red Bull and pizza parties during finals? Share your favorite college memory below!