Anytime we get the scoop on a celeb’s favorite anything, we’re all ears. And especially when the tip comes from one of our full-blown girl crushes like Emma Watson. So when the Noah actress spilled to Vanity Fair on her favorite stores to shop this moment, our search bars were blinking seconds later. Besides a few sartorial hotspots across Europe, including a London lingerie shop and Topshop’s UK flagship, Em revealed that three of her absolute must-shop fashion boutiques are located stateside. Two of them East Coast mainstays, NYC-based Otte and Brooklyn outpost Bird, along with off-the-beaten path Anaïse in San Jose (not LA), California.
While each of these boutiques has its own distinct feel, from the print-happy Bird to the easy elegance of Anaïse to the refined but unfussy Otte, it’s obvious how they all make waves in Emma’s timeless yet trendy wardrobe. Modern silhouettes and unexpected pops of color are found across all three shops’ offerings, pieces which help to round out Emma’s elegant off-duty outfits just as much as they play a part of her red carpet looks.
So now that Emma’s spilled her style secrets, *we’re* ready to go shopping. But since we’re grabbing the goods on more of a C-lister’s budget, we’ve scoped out eight finds from Emma’s favorite shops all under $200 — from statement accessories well worth the splurge to updated staples that will stay in rotation throughout any season.
1. Otte New York Pullover Short Sleeve Dress from Otte ($178): A classic print in a relaxed silhouette. It’s a toss-on-and-go look made for every weekend.
2. Shashi Carlita Bead Bracelet from Otte ($41): Bright color blocks make this chic beaded bracelet an accessory that can make any outfit pop.
3. Edun Arrow Print Pant from Bird ($189): Cigarette pants get a graphic makeover with this black and white arrow print that only needs to be paired with a basic cami to look beyond classy.
4. JujuMade Stoneware Wedge Necklace ($195): Imagine this chunky geometric necklace over a high-neck gown — it’s the key to nailing a red carpet-worthy look.
5. Otte New York Solid Crop Top ($180): If you only ever buy one crop top, make this it. Its boxy cut is sure to drape like a dream on any figure.
7. Tsumori Chisato Drop Fox Tee Short Sleeve Top ($140): Whimsical raindrops make a modern print on this oversized tee that looks dainty tucked into an A-line skirt.
8. Jennifer Zeuner Marissa Large Open Heart Necklace ($198): Falling for this yellow gold stunner is easy when you know that this is the way a minimalist like Emma would wear a statement necklace.
Have you shopped (or snooped) at Emma’s favorite shops before? What are your fave finds from these boutiques? Tell us in the comments below.
(photo Marie Claire)