9 Essentials for Your Next Weekend Getaway
Spring break season is upon us, and whether you’re a sophomore at a university or a company exec with college as a distant memory, it’s a time of year that instills a certain kind of wanderlust in all of us. If you’ve been looking for the perfect excuse to grab your bestie and travel to one of this year’s top spring break destinations, look no further than these 9 getaway essentials. They’re so good, they’re reason enough alone to head out of town!
1. Avenue Dee Dot Fanny Pack ($34): If you have your mom’s reminders to keep your personal effects close to you All. The. Time. while traveling ringing in your ears, a fanny pack will quell those fears, stat. It’s a fun and functional way to keep your most precious belongings close by. Plus, who can resist polka dots!?
2. Bad Ass Bitch Lip Balm ($4): Travel can dry you out something fierce. To make sure your pout stays hydrated through airplanes, sunburns and late nights out, keep this balm on you 24/7. The light grapefruit scent is refreshing without being overpowering — kind of like a badass bitch herself!
4. Pinrose Starter Kit Petal Perfume Pack ($9): Each of these lovely scented sachets contains just enough fragrance for a single application. Throw as many samples in your bag as days you’ll be gone; you’ll free up precious packing space, and get the chance to experiment with your scent choices while you’re away.
5. Gigglosophy Cat Necklace ($15): Vacation is all about fun, and there’s nothing more fun than this sweet kitty necklace. It’s simple enough to wear everyday, but cute enough to still make a statement. It’s a piece you can wear all weekend long — you’d probably forget you had it on if it weren’t for all the compliments you’ll be getting!
6. Bad-Ass Whipped Body Butter ($10): The bright citrus notes in this decadent whipped body butter are the perfect accompaniment to a springtime trip. Layer it on post-shower after spending all day exploring a new city, and you’ll feel revitalized in mind and body in no time.
7. Fig + Yarrow Apothecary Facial Care Kit ($74): Packing this luxe facial kit — stocked with everything from a gentle cleansing nectar to a brightening face scrub — is like adding a full spa day to your weekend away (at a fraction of the cost). Keep the refreshing complexion water in your fanny pack for a quick spritz when you’re feeling weary mid-day.
8. Bando Red Twist Scarf ($20): Get a retro vibe on your next getaway with this ’50s-inspired scarf. The hidden wire makes throwing your hair into a perfectly messy bun totally effortless and completely chic.