13 Creative Fall Baby Shower Ideas
Fall marks the happy return of football Fridays, sweater weather and holiday excitement galore. If you or your bestie happen to be expecting a little “pumpkin,” it’s also the perfect time to think outside the box and plan a cool, creative baby shower. From decorating mugs to serving hot cider in scooped-out apples, you and your fellow makers will love bringing these 13 fresh ideas to life. Not yet at the shower-planning stage? Snag these options for a unique gender reveal party that takes things far beyond the basic blue or pink color scheme.
1. Fox + Blooms Invitation ($50): There are few things cuter than a fox-themed baby shower during the fall. Introduce yours in adorable style with hand-illustrated Kelli Murray invitations.
2. Woodland Critter Cake: Think black and white is boring? Not on this cake, which features a classy critter design, plus colorful blooms on top. You can also display bright paper spheres in the background for an extra blast of vibrance. (via Sandra Fazzino Photography)
3. Apple Mugs + Hot Cider: Hot cider is always welcome on a chilly fall day. For an unexpected surprise, serve some to your pals in scooped-out apples they can sip from and then snack on. (via Best Photography)
4. Mini Pumpkin Pies: Turn your favorite Thanksgiving dessert into a bite-sized shower treat. Served in tart shells and topped with whipped cream, these mini morsels will be gone long before it’s time to decorate onesies. (via My Baking Addiction)
5. Gilded Leaf Decor: Gold leaf garlands will look totally fab hanging from light fixtures, strung around table edges or affixed to a wall as a colorful backdrop. Use them in place of conventional paper streamers. (via Michelle Edgemont Photography)
6. Caramel Apple Bar: This make-your-own-dessert bar is truly the apple of our eye, especially because it’s an absolute cinch to recreate. Simply display apples on sticks alongside caramel and chocolate sauces, cookie crumbles, sprinkles, granola, M&M’S and any other tasty toppings you dig. (via Walter Wilson Studios)
7. Popcorn Bar + Acorn-Inspired Snack Signs: When mom’s just about ready to “pop,” it only makes sense to showcase a spiffy popcorn bar during her shower. Give it a whimsical, woodland-inspired look with rustic stands, paper foxes and cute acorn signs that can also be used as place cards or gift labels. (via Kimberly Chau Photography)
8. Glass Bottles + Cold Cider: If it’s cold-pressed cider you’re craving, present it in glass “baby” bottles with striped straws sticking out the top. You can even pair the refreshing drink with pumpkin-spice donuts to create the ultimate fall flavor combo. (via Tonya Peterson Photography)
9. Rustic Centerpieces: Tree-bark vases and votives give your shower instant fall flair. We’re digging the feminine floral arrangements seen here, along with the delightful foxy invitation. (via Marcie Lynn Photography)
10. Black + Gold Dessert Display: Party like a royal by ditching the traditional orange and pairing black with gold for a chic, fall-appropriate color scheme. It’s a sophisticated way to honor your little prince- or princess-to-be. (via Lee Bird Photography)
11. DIY Mug Designs: If you’re stumped trying to come up with a non-cheesy group activity, look no further than mug decorating. You can send them home with guests as favors or let friends beautify a set for the new mama to sip from during her many late-night diaper changes. (via Pinegate Road)
12. Chocolate-Dipped Marshmallow Treats: Who doesn’t love roasting s’mores over a backyard fire pit? Capture that fun vibe at your shower by making chocolate- and graham cracker-dipped marshmallows a part of the dessert display. Bonus points if you use actual tree twigs as skewers. (via Darci Woodiwiss)
13. S’mores Favor Packets: You can never have too many s’mores, right? Thank your friends for being so sweet by sending them home with everything they need to make scrumptious s’mores later on. (via Stephanie A. Smith Photography)
What’s your favorite fall baby shower idea? Share some adorable inspiration below.