18 Fall-tastic Ideas for a Pumpkin-Themed Baby Shower
Being asked to host your BFF’s baby shower is a treat for both you and the mom-to-be. After all, there’s no duty cuter than getting to deal with adorable baby-inspired party decorations. If you’re stuck in a rut about the party theme, cater to your best pal’s favorite season by going with a *totally* fall-tastic pumpkin-inspired baby shower. Throw in blooming pumpkin centerpieces, sweet pumpkin wish cards and tasty pumpkin desserts, and you’re all set for a gorgeous autumn soiree guaranteed to make your BFF feel like the luckiest future mommy EVER. Scroll on for 18 pretty pumpkin party ideas to get started.
1. misspokadot Baby Shower Sprinkle Invite Printable ($18+): You can’t have an adorable pumpkin-themed baby shower without a super cute invitation to match. Not only is this one a pretty pastel design, but you can even customize it to include a photo or text on the back.
2. Mint + Orange Display: Some parents may not want to know the sex of their baby, while others might just prefer a gender neutral palette. Whatever the case, you have to admit a mint and orange pairing is a total win. Get the look pictured above by printing out these free templates. (via One Charming Party)
3. Pumpkin Cupcakes: Turn the classic party dessert into a festive, pumpkin-y treat. Topped with cream cheese frosting, orange sprinkles and green sour straws, these cupcakes are gonna be a hit with anyone who’s got a sweet tooth (so basically everyone). (via One Charming Party)
4. Pumpkin Flower Centerpieces: Highlight the party’s theme with a pumpkin centerpiece hollowed out and filled with a beautiful flower arrangement. If you’re running short on time or don’t want to deal with post-carving cleanup, opt for a faux pumpkin container. (via See Vanessa Craft)
5. BluePondPrintables Baby Predictions and Advice Card Printable ($5): Everyone loves trying to guess which parent the baby will take after. Turn their predictions into a fun guessing game with a set of these baby prediction printables. The cards even include an advice portion that the momma-to-be will surely appreciate.
6. Pumpkin Baby Shower Favors: Send your friends off with these cute polka dot favor bags you can make out of tissue paper and pipe cleaners. They’re stylish and inexpensive to make, which is a definite #win. (via One Charming Party)
7. Pumpkin Wish Cards Printable: Your friend will be touched reading everyone’s encouraging letters later on. Make sure the wish cards fit in with the theme by getting these adorable printable pumpkin wish cards. (via Katarina’s Paperie)
8. ShowerThatBaby Little Pumpkin Baby Shower Bingo Cards Printable ($4): It’s not a true party unless there’s games involved. And this pumpkin-inspired game of bingo is just what your baby shower is missing. Though both are included in the listing, you can choose either the pre-filled bingo cards or the blank ones that guests can fill in to guess what gifts they think will be given before the game starts.
9. Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Dessert Shooters: Are you looking for a dessert that’s all about that pumpkin pie goodness without the tedious task of baking? Try these delightful pumpkin pie cheesecake dessert shooters that are easy to make and absolutely delicious. (via Sugar Spun Run)
10. SweetEscapesbyDebbie Glitter Cake Topper ($12): If you’re keeping the actual cake relatively simple, make sure the cake topper makes up for it. Consider a cake topper that’s bright, sparkly or both, like this one that reads “Little Pumpkin” in gold glittery letters.
11. PopFizzHooray Little Pumpkin Banner ($24): Step up the decor with a banner featuring an original message or a themed “Little Pumpkin.” You can even ask to have the banner further customized to reflect the baby shower’s color scheme.
12. Pumpkin Baby Shower Dessert Table: Take a cue from this adorable baby shower and deck out the dessert bar with a lettered garland. Faux pumpkins can go a long way in sprucing up the decor, from displaying food labels to giving your table that added pop of color (with a little spray paint). (via Creative Juice)
13. Little Pumpkin Cookies: Stock up the dessert table with these super cute pumpkin-inspired cookies that are *almost* too cute for the baby shower. If you’re having them made, ask the decorator for a variety of bow colors for a more gender neutral theme. (via Emma’s Sweets)
14. Oreo Pumpkin Pops: Stick lollipop sticks into the centers of Oreos, dip them in candy melts and add green Tic-Tacs to create these awesome pumpkin pops. If time is of the essence, serve these treats over cake pops since they don’t require any baking time and are quicker to make. (via Two Daloo)
15. Pumpkin Pie Cream Puffs: What’s better than pumpkin pie? Easy — these bite-sized pumpkin pie cream puffs filled with fluffy maple-sweetened whipped cream. Pro tip: Hold your cream puffs together and keep your hands free from stickiness with a toothpick or stick. (via A Farmgirl’s Dabbles)
16. Faux Pumpkin Guest Book: No doubt your BFF will love this creative guest book made out of a faux pumpkin. This decorative item doubles as a sentimental gift she can cherish in the future when looking back on this special day. (via Something Turquoise)
17. DIY Mason Jars: Whether you use them to store cutlery or hold favors, these DIY mason jars will make uber cute additions to the baby shower. To make, spray mason jars with a can of orange spray paint and finish it off with a strip of lace. (via Celebration Lane)
18. 7 Ate 9 Cutest Pumpkin in the Patch Outfit ($18): Don’t stop short at the pumpkin decor! Keep the pumpkiny vibe going when it’s time to open presents by gifting your BFF this cheeky one piece their li’l one can rock for many autumns to come.
If you’re throwing a baby shower anytime soon, make sure you’re following us on Pinterest for even more party decor inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)