15 Fun Fall Prints That Are NOT Plaid
It’s official: We’re breakin’ out the sweaters and cozy knits just in time for fall’s arrival. During a season normally dedicated to classic plaid and houndstooth, we’re happy to announce that there is an entirely new set of patterns to fall in love with. From mod + geo to rocker stars, make way for 15 unexpected prints that are guaranteed to keep you on your toes.
Trippy Nature + Psychedelic Prints
1. New Romantics Fiesta Floral Dress ($168): Unleash your inner bohemian princess with this gorgeous floral number that will work for every fall ritual. To complement the mock neck, an edgy pair of stompers (combat boots on fleek!) is obligatory.
2. Ministry of Style Colossal Dress ($220): Take the corporate world by storm with this abstract printed dress that brings a major #girlboss ‘tude. The conservative length and asymmetric hem in the front mean business.
3. Gathered Cuff Mountain Dress ($90): Being off-duty chic is a cinch when you have a dress this rad in your arsenal. Between the outdoorsy vibe and scenic mountain print, we’re all about the trippy nature look this season.
4. After-Party Vintage Patch Perfect Leather Skirt ($168): Get ready to channel a downtown LA-chic look thanks to this star-studded leather mini. If you’re feeling especially audacious, throw a pink (faux) fur coat into the mix and hit up the after-party.
5. ASOS Skater Dress With Star Print ($20): Get your Halloween shenanigans started a tad early this year with a fun off-the-shoulder dress adorned with festive stars and a vibrant pattern. Is it just us, or is a black cat the only thing missing?
6. Night Sky’s the Limit Top ($50): Be one of the cool kids on the block by giving the edgy rocker look a spin this fall. First things first: Invest in this sheer white blouse adorned with black stars for that oh-so-desired minimalist look. Opt for anything from black skinnies to a leather mini — your call.
7. Snake Print Mini Dress With Long Sleeves ($134): Night on the town, here we come. Take a walk on the wild side with this prismatic snakeskin bodycon dress that calls for a leather biker jacket and sky-high heels.
8. Printed Wide Leg Trousers ($70): Go ahead and bust a move in these daring snakeskin flares. For max perfection, style ‘em with a boxy crop top or ribbed turtleneck sweater for an awesomely retro look.
9. Snake Print Scuba Mini Skirt ($16): If you thought that snakeskin prints are so yesterday, then guess again. As you can see here, bright and eclectic is the name of the game this season.
10. Stamped Dots Blaire Print Flare Skirt ($248): Part prepster, part sophisticate: Enter the polka dot skirt of your dreams. Major swoon. Taking you from the tea room to Sunday brunch, this skirt keeps it simple yet elegant. Pair with a ladylike blouse and nude steppers.
11. Polka Dot Festival Mac ($35): Rain or shine, you now have the quintessential polka dot windbreaker for Octoberfest. Major bonus: The classic navy and red combo pairs well with everything.
12. Polka Dot Longline Shirt ($36): Rest assured that this season’s crop of polka dots are anything but uniform. Go for the unexpected with this lilac blouse that features a quirky mix of dots and spots.
Mod + Geo Prints
13. Cubist Print Dress ($95): Pull a Picasso with this cubist print dress that might as well be inspired by a modern 20th-century painting. Besides the artsy pattern, the color palette is equally playful and hypnotic.
14. Geo Print Tunic Top ($54): So ‘70s, and we’re lovin’ it. For the most foolproof outfit yet, simply style this geometric tunic with dark-wash jeans and platforms for a killer entrance.
15. Color Block Dress ($40): This uber mod, color block dress was practically made to be worn to an art gallery opening or high-fashion event. Let the dress do the talking by opting for an understated, posh look. Forgo the accessories for a sleek pair of ankle boots that speaks volumes.
Which of these 15 fall-tastic prints will you wearing this season? Let us know in the comments below!