10 Fall Wedding Trends That We’re Already Obsessing Over
Thanks to the cooler temps and dusty colors, more couples are swapping out spring wedding themes for cozy-chic fall ones. If you’re planning on tying the knot this season, you’ll want to keep these wedding trends in your back pocket. Scroll on for stylish drink stations, romantic wedding color palettes, and party-ready bridesmaid dresses that will make your nuptials the highlight of autumn.
1. Dusty Rose Color Palette: Dusty rose is the latest It palette taking over, and for good reason. The color mixes well with everything, whether you add it to your bouquet, invites, table decor, or bridesmaid dresses. (via Affordable Elegance Floral)
2. Long Sleeve Wedding Gowns: If you have an autumnal affair in the works, long sleeves are definitely something to consider. Plus, it can actually save you money since there’s no need to buy a bolero or cropped jacket. (via Tamara Gruner Photography / The Knot)
3. Mountainside Venues: Autumn nuptials and mountain views go together like PB + J, so it’s no surprise that you’ll see this duo everywhere. The scenic venues are ideal for photos and intimate gatherings with your closest loved ones. (via Cork Creative / Junebug Weddings)
View this post on Instagram
Baby shower cake 💕 #photooftheday#feedfeed#foodcoma#foodporn#cakeporm#foodstyling#foodphotography#birthdaycake#bakingporn#vscofood#foodstagram#foodstand#foodstreetjournal#cakestylist#edibleart#sweetmagazine#cbsshomemade#bridalshowercake#cakestagram#cakebakesweets#deliciousmagazine#eatography#acdnmember#cordyscakes#bookofcake#oipfeature#babyshowercake#dripcake
A post shared by Cordy's (@cordyscakes) on
4. Drip Cakes: Remember when naked cakes completely took over almost every wedding? Well, you’re about to see that happen with the drip cakes this season. They’re pretty and customizable to your color palette, making your dessert table totally Instagram-worthy.
5. DIY Drink Stations: Looking for ways to save on that open bar? Self-serve drink stations are surging and are so much cooler then sticking to an indoor bar. (via The Melideos)
6. Non-Traditional Groom Style: A quick scroll through Pinterest’s wedding boards will show you that grooms are going the non-traditional route and choosing bold hues this fall. (via Margherita Calati / Bridal Musings)
7. Post-Wedding Food Trucks: If you’ve been to any wedding lately, you know that the food truck craze is on a roll with no plans of stopping soon. (via Lucky Lab Coffee Company)
8. Intimate Weddings: The days where you had to invite the cousins of friends of friends of your parents are long gone. Instead, couples are now cutting back the guest list and spending real time with the people who matter most. How awesome is that? (via Brittany Wood / Jenni Kayne)
9. Printed Bridesmaid Dresses: Party-ready floral dresses in rich shades (think: deep plum and beautiful burgundies) have been cropping up at some of our fave shops already. Best part? The lively prints are ideal for making your wedding photos pop. (via She Takes Pictures He Makes Films / Tree of Life)
10. Greenery Decor: It’s safe to say there’s a huge push toward all things earthy-chic in the bridal world right now.Maybe Pantone’s color of the year inspired a spike in popularity, but there’s no arguing that greenery is elegant, whimsical, and perfect for your fall wedding. (via Conforti Photography / Mod Wedding)
Which of these charming ideas will you incorporate into your fall wedding? Follow us on Pinterest for more wedding ideas and inspo!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)