When you think of winter headwear, chances are your mind goes straight to those warm and snuggly beanies. We love a knitted cap as much as the next gal, but we think the beanie is favored a bit too heavily during those chilly winter months. In freezing temperatures it may not seem like it, but you have other headwear options. Switch things up this winter – as temperatures continue to drop, forget about the beanies and try one of these classy, felt hats instead.
1. Veil Floppy Hat ($42): Cozy up under this wide-brimmed beauty and add a sexy, mysterious element with a little bit of veil.
2. Maise Lock Felt Fedora ($98): Slip into winter in the slickest way possible with this violet number.
3. Catarzi Classic Fedora ($66): Winter may turn most of nature white, but you can keep green going with this vibrant, structured hat.
4. Gray and Camel Floppy Hat ($28): Can’t decide which color you like best? Have them both. The dual-tone element definitely makes this cap standout, but the neutral colors still allow you to wear it with almost anything.
5. Janessa Leone Gabrielle Hat ($168): If you’re not so sure about your head in a hat, try this option, which is a little more subtle but still beautifully structured.
6. Georgina Fedora ($365): Embrace those cool, shimmery shades of winter with this heather grey and silver wool felt fedora. Prepare to turn a lot of heads in this baby.
7. Hand Draped Red Felt Cloche ($189): Carmen Sandiego? Is that you? Pay homage to the mysterious character with this crimson jem.
8. Borsalino Felt Hat ($271): This classic black hat is tame enough to go with pretty much anything, but adds a pop of fun with a velvety gold ribbon.
9. Coal Gwen Felt Cloche Hat ($52): Try this updated take on the ’20s inspired cloche hat with this fun twisted brim.
10. Wool Panama Hat ($15): Burgundy is popping up everywhere this winter — why not take on the trend head first?
11. Patton Porkpie Hat ($58): Stand out from the crowd with this old-school, porkpie-style top hat. Tip that tête forward and show off the delicate ribbon trim.
12. Oh Darling Hat ($48): Sometimes you just can’t beat a classic combo. This beige and brown wide-brimmed hat will match everything and looks good on any hair color.
13. Buffalo Nickel Leather Hat ($54): Go back to the Wild Wild West with this Western-style genuine leather hat with studs and Buffalo nickel embellishments.
14. Jasmine Wool Hat ($58): Just because it’s winter doesn’t mean you have to cover yourself in black. Add a pop of color to your look with this minty green topper.
15. Dents Ladies Large Floppy Brim Hat ($54): Sass up a staple with a little bit o’ leopard.
16. Leopard Print Blocked Beret ($315): And if a leopard accent just isn’t enough, go full-on feline with this felt blocked piece compete with ears.
17. Happily Ember After Hat ($35): Charm the pants off of everyone you see in this darling little number. Wear it with a scarf and coat or dress it up with a cocktail dress.
18. Feather Trim Floppy Felt Fedora ($38): A little bit floppy, a little bit feathered, a whole lot of fun.
19. Rosi Winter Hat ($269): Add a vintage vibe to your look with this handmade beauty.
20. Fedora Trilby Hat ($180): Spice things up with a pattern. This grey tweed number adds some cool extra detailing while still staying subtle enough to match with pretty much whatever.
Which of these millinery masterpieces is your favorite? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.