25 Festive Metallic Manis to Get You Ready for Winter
‘Tis the season for metallics, sparkles and bling. Nothing gets us in the mood for mulled cider and gingerbread cookies like a holiday-worthy mani. From mistletoe and stripes to snowflakes and negative space nail art, pretty polish is the perfect accessory. Rock your tricked-out digits with a velvet maxi, statement earrings and shimmering shadow and you’ll be ready to hit the holiday party circuit. Here are 25 of our fave festive nail art ideas to take you from Thanksgiving to NYE without skipping a beat.
- Festive French: French manis are always fab — especially when they offer up a festive twist. Candy apple red and silver take this nail design to the top of our Christmas wish list.
- Glitter Bombré: Go glam or go home — that’s what we always say. Mixed metallics give this style an ultra-luxe look that refuses to be ignored.
- Silver Foil: This nail art is absolute goals for many reasons, but mainly because it looks like falling snow. This look is at once sophisticated and whimsical, so feel free to rock it for the slew of after-hours events on your iCal.
- Starry Night: We can’t help but see stars, gazing at this astronomy-inspired design. In a word, they’re heavenly.
- Spruce Nails: Spruce green is the perfect seasonal base for gold accents. Incorporate unexpected holiday hues into your manicure with abstract detailing and a healthy dose of bling.
- Wrapping Paper: ‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house… this mani was sparkling from pinky to thumb. This design mixes stripes, sparkles, snowflakes and bows for a look that is unmistakably seasonal.
- Frozen: Channel major Elsa vibes with this frosty look. Silver sparkles cascade over a cobalt blue base for a modern take on a classic mani.
- Confetti: Looking for a seasonal way to ring in the new year (specifically as far as your fingers are concerned)? Try a celebration-ready confetti mani!
- Something Navy: We can’t get enough of this negative-space embellished mani. The chic color palette of navy and gold keeps it totally appropriate for all your seasonal soirees, from an office cocktail party to a winter wedding.
- Ruby and Gold Stripes: We’re going ga-ga over this glam mani. The combination of horizontal and vertical stripes is enviably eye-catching for holiday formals.
- Mistletoe: Have a holly jolly holiday season with a mistletoe mani. This is Christmas nail art at its finest.
- Snowflakes: The weather man is predicting a wintry mix — on your nails, that is. This gold-kissed snowflake mani gives you all the glitz and glamour you could need this holiday season, but is still totally office appropriate. Win win.
- Plaid: We’re mad for plaid, and you should be too! This metallic take on a traditional flannel print is equal parts elegant and edgy.
- Ho Ho Ho: It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas. We love this mix-and-match mani — gingerbread men, candy canes, mistletoe, lights and snowflakes. OMG, we can’t wait for the holidays!
- Art Deco: Channel The Great Gatsby with a retro glam mani. This gold and burgundy art deco-inspired design is perfect for all those swanky cocktail parties dominating your holiday season.
- Champagne: For a slightly more subtle sparkle, opt for a monochrome metallic mani. Muted gold and crystal embellishments are seasonal and super classy.
- Gold Tips: We can’t get enough of this festive version of a classic French. Chunky gold glitter tips pair perfectly with a rounded nail shape.
- Emerald: This mani makes a stunning statement worthy of the season, and it’s sure to wow all the way through NYE. The deep emerald polish and gold leaf accents are the ultimate in sophisticated nail art.
- Candy Cane: A candy cane accent nail adds some holiday charm to this mani. Good Ol’ Saint Nick would be proud!
- Dots: Can you image a more festive mani than this fun design? Recreate the look at home with only a few basic tools.
- Sweater Nails: Matte and metallic meet in this winter-iffic mani. We can’t decide what we love more, the sweater print or the shimmering accent nail.
- NYE: This is the perfect mani to rock when you’re watching the ball drop. Start with a gorgeous, deep, shimmering blue and add some geometric details with silver polish.
- Green and Gold Ombre: All that glitters is gold — and green — in this sparkly ombre nail design. If you’re a novice DIY-er, this is a great look to try.
- Snowman: Frosty is more fashionable than ever! We love the whimsy of this snowman design against the bold blue and shimmering silver.
- Glitter Half Moon: Dress up your digits with a dusting of glitter. This spiced wine shade is a stunning and seasonal base.
Love nail art? Follow us on Pinterest for more DIY inspo.