When Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Pizza took over the internet last year, we felt some mild hesitation. But then again, who are we kidding — Flamin’ Hot Cheetos are definitely a go-to snack for the creative team at Brit HQ, and we LOVE pizza (let’s be real; who doesn’t). So we decided that there was no better time than Valentine’s Day to try it out for ourselves. It’s pretty much the perfect way to tell someone you have the flamin’ hots for them.
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Pizza Recipe
- 8 ½ ounce bag Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Crunchy
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- tomato sauce
- pizza dough
- Preheat your oven to 490 degrees Fahrenheit. Roll out your pizza dough and shape it into a heart on a flat cookie tray or pizza stone. Bake in the oven for 5 minutes to par-bake the crust.
- Make Flamin’ Hot Cheetos Pizza dust by putting 1 ½ cups into a food processor. Pulse until it’s finely chopped.
- Remove the crust from the oven and top with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and the Hot Cheetos dust.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes, or until the crust is a golden brown and the cheese is bubbling.
- Remove the pizza from the oven and top with whole Cheetos. Let cool and serve.
Preheat your oven to 490 degrees Fahrenheit. Next up, make a “pizza your heart” by rolling out the dough into a heart shape. Sometimes it’s helpful to make the final adjustments once the dough is on your pan.
Make a fine Hot Cheetos dust by chopping one and a half cups in a food processor. This is also a perfect time to start snacking on the Cheetos. After all, you have to test them to see if the bag is still fresh.
Remove the crust and assemble your pizza: sauce, cheese, Cheeto dust. Toss that bad boy in the oven. Suggested time is 12-18 minutes, but I rarely set a timer. It’s best to keep an eye on your pizza and take it out when the crust is golden brown and the cheese is perfectly bubbly. We went with sliced mozzarella, in true Ameci form. After all, it does deliver quite a cheeeeeesy finish.
Lastly, top your pizza off with fresh Cheetos and get ready to serve it up to someone you love.
Throw it into a custom pizza box and deliver it to your Valentine.
Why cut slices when you can eat your heart out together?
How will you be sending love this Valentine’s Day? Tag @BritandCo on Instagram and don’t forget to use #iamcreative.
DIY Production + Styling: Lindsay Saito
Photography: Chris Andre
Modeling: Cassidy Miller + John Yum