19 Deep Dish Pizzas for the Ultimate Cheat Day Meal
Happy National Deep Dish Pizza Day! That, in addition to the fact that you've been so dedicated to Whole 30 dinner recipes, means that by the time your cheat day rolls around you're ready for a BIG ol' slice of pizza (or three). Grilled pizza is phenomenal, but we're thinking deep dish pies are going to be the go-to for cheat day. If you really feel like making that naughty meal worth your while, whip up a dessert pizza to munch on afterward… you *won't* be sorry. For now, just make sure you have a snack handy, because you're about to gawk at 19 of the thickest and cheesiest deep dish pizzas we could find.
1. Vegan Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza: You may think a vegan pizza would be lacking in the flavor department. WRONG. Bonus: This recipe even comes complete with a method for making your own vegan mozzarella. (via Carrots and Flowers)
2. Skillet Deep Dish Pizza: Folding pats of butter into the dough is the secret to this light and flaky crust. Follow up with layers of cheese, sauce, peppers and sausage before baking, then get ready to slip into a food coma. (via Macheesmo)
3. Crockpot Deep Dish Cheese Pizza With Cauliflower Crust: Just when you think you've exhausted all of your slow cooker options, out comes the cauliflower pizza. If you've been wanting to try a low-carb cauliflower crust, test it out in the crockpot first for a fool-proof execution. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
4. Cheat's Deep Dish Pizza: Buying store-bought pizza dough is a great way to save time when you're in a pinch. Roll it out, toss it in a cake pan and load it up with all of your favorite toppings. You'll have dinner ready before anyone even thinks to call for delivery. (via Simply Delicious)
5. Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza: Chicago deep dish is often topped with pizza sauce instead of being spread as a base. This recipe does just that, with a thick layer of cheese and buttery crust beneath it. (via Sally's Baking Addiction)
7. Deep Dish Pizza: Unless you're actually in Chicago, you're probably better off making this pizza at home. Pro tip: Experiment with different crust preparations, cooking vessels and toppings, and you may turn into a pizza connoisseur. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
8. Deep Dish Three Meat Pizza: Meat lovers, meet your new favorite pizza. Once you realize that you can make this at home with very little effort, it will change the way you do pizza night *forever.* (via Countryside Cravings)
9. Eggplant Parmesan Caprese Skillet Pizza: Having trouble deciding between eggplant parm, Caprese salad and pizza? Just make this skillet pizza and each craving will be satisfied. (via The Crumby Cupcake)
10. Slow Cooker Deep Dish Gluten Free Pizza: Who would think that a slow cooker could provide such a crispy pizza crust? It seems too good to be true, but the result speaks for itself. (via Gluten Free on a Shoestring)
13. Homemade Deep Dish Pizza With Broccoli, Spinach and Feta: If you're feeling a little too guilty about your cheat day, throw a little broccoli and spinach on your pizza. It'll be a welcome change from the meat-laden pies you're used to. (via Hello Little Home)
14. Mac-N-Cheese Pizza Pie: On the other hand, if you really want to hit the carbs and cheese hard on your cheat day, go for a macaroni and cheese pizza. It's ooey, gooey and OH-so sinful. (via The Gunny Sack)
15. Mini Caprese Deep Dish Pizzas: These adorable mini deep dish pizzas would make a delightful movie night snack. Make it interactive and let everyone top their own before popping them in the oven. (via Cafe Delites)
18. Deep Dish Spinach and Tomato Pizza: This pizza is surprisingly light, despite its deep claims. It's packed with spinach and tomatoes, with very little cheese in comparison. That just means you can eat more, right? (via Girl Versus Dough)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious cheat day eats!
This post has been updated from a previous post.
- We Tried This Crazy 2 Ingredient Pizza Hack… and It Totally Worked ... ›
- 17 Rustic Veggie Pizzas to Liven Up Your Meatless Monday - Brit + Co ›
- This One Pan Pizza-Topped Chicken Is Genius! - Brit + Co ›
- Turn Up the Heat This Valentine's Day With a Flamin' Hot Cheetos ... ›
- How to Make Pizza Crispy Crust in 15 Minutes - Brit + Co ›
- This Cloud Pizza Recipe Makes Being Keto Dreamy - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Grilled Pizza Recipes That Bring Pizza Night Outside - Brit + Co ›
- These 12 Recipes Prove Vegans Do Pizza Just As Well - Brit + Co ›
- Lighten up Your Favorite Junk Food With This Greek Salad Pizza ... ›
- Want an Excuse to Eat Pizza at Halloween? Make Mummy Pizzas ... ›
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.