19 Deep Dish Pizzas for the Ultimate Cheat Day Meal
Happy National Deep Dish Pizza Day! That, in addition to the fact that you've been so dedicated to Whole 30 dinner recipes, means that by the time your cheat day rolls around you're ready for a BIG ol' slice of pizza (or three). Grilled pizza is phenomenal, but we're thinking deep dish pies are going to be the go-to for cheat day. If you really feel like making that naughty meal worth your while, whip up a dessert pizza to munch on afterward… you *won't* be sorry. For now, just make sure you have a snack handy, because you're about to gawk at 19 of the thickest and cheesiest deep dish pizzas we could find.
1. Vegan Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza: You may think a vegan pizza would be lacking in the flavor department. WRONG. Bonus: This recipe even comes complete with a method for making your own vegan mozzarella. (via Carrots and Flowers)
2. Skillet Deep Dish Pizza: Folding pats of butter into the dough is the secret to this light and flaky crust. Follow up with layers of cheese, sauce, peppers and sausage before baking, then get ready to slip into a food coma. (via Macheesmo)
3. Crockpot Deep Dish Cheese Pizza With Cauliflower Crust: Just when you think you've exhausted all of your slow cooker options, out comes the cauliflower pizza. If you've been wanting to try a low-carb cauliflower crust, test it out in the crockpot first for a fool-proof execution. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
4. Cheat's Deep Dish Pizza: Buying store-bought pizza dough is a great way to save time when you're in a pinch. Roll it out, toss it in a cake pan and load it up with all of your favorite toppings. You'll have dinner ready before anyone even thinks to call for delivery. (via Simply Delicious)
5. Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza: Chicago deep dish is often topped with pizza sauce instead of being spread as a base. This recipe does just that, with a thick layer of cheese and buttery crust beneath it. (via Sally's Baking Addiction)
7. Deep Dish Pizza: Unless you're actually in Chicago, you're probably better off making this pizza at home. Pro tip: Experiment with different crust preparations, cooking vessels and toppings, and you may turn into a pizza connoisseur. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
8. Deep Dish Three Meat Pizza: Meat lovers, meet your new favorite pizza. Once you realize that you can make this at home with very little effort, it will change the way you do pizza night *forever.* (via Countryside Cravings)
9. Eggplant Parmesan Caprese Skillet Pizza: Having trouble deciding between eggplant parm, Caprese salad and pizza? Just make this skillet pizza and each craving will be satisfied. (via The Crumby Cupcake)
10. Slow Cooker Deep Dish Gluten Free Pizza: Who would think that a slow cooker could provide such a crispy pizza crust? It seems too good to be true, but the result speaks for itself. (via Gluten Free on a Shoestring)
13. Homemade Deep Dish Pizza With Broccoli, Spinach and Feta: If you're feeling a little too guilty about your cheat day, throw a little broccoli and spinach on your pizza. It'll be a welcome change from the meat-laden pies you're used to. (via Hello Little Home)
14. Mac-N-Cheese Pizza Pie: On the other hand, if you really want to hit the carbs and cheese hard on your cheat day, go for a macaroni and cheese pizza. It's ooey, gooey and OH-so sinful. (via The Gunny Sack)
15. Mini Caprese Deep Dish Pizzas: These adorable mini deep dish pizzas would make a delightful movie night snack. Make it interactive and let everyone top their own before popping them in the oven. (via Cafe Delites)
18. Deep Dish Spinach and Tomato Pizza: This pizza is surprisingly light, despite its deep claims. It's packed with spinach and tomatoes, with very little cheese in comparison. That just means you can eat more, right? (via Girl Versus Dough)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious cheat day eats!
This post has been updated from a previous post.
- We Tried This Crazy 2 Ingredient Pizza Hack… and It Totally Worked ... ›
- 17 Rustic Veggie Pizzas to Liven Up Your Meatless Monday - Brit + Co ›
- This One Pan Pizza-Topped Chicken Is Genius! - Brit + Co ›
- Turn Up the Heat This Valentine's Day With a Flamin' Hot Cheetos ... ›
- How to Make Pizza Crispy Crust in 15 Minutes - Brit + Co ›
- This Cloud Pizza Recipe Makes Being Keto Dreamy - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Grilled Pizza Recipes That Bring Pizza Night Outside - Brit + Co ›
- These 12 Recipes Prove Vegans Do Pizza Just As Well - Brit + Co ›
- Lighten up Your Favorite Junk Food With This Greek Salad Pizza ... ›
- Want an Excuse to Eat Pizza at Halloween? Make Mummy Pizzas ... ›
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.