19 Deep Dish Pizzas for the Ultimate Cheat Day Meal
Happy National Deep Dish Pizza Day! That, in addition to the fact that you've been so dedicated to Whole 30 dinner recipes, means that by the time your cheat day rolls around you're ready for a BIG ol' slice of pizza (or three). Grilled pizza is phenomenal, but we're thinking deep dish pies are going to be the go-to for cheat day. If you really feel like making that naughty meal worth your while, whip up a dessert pizza to munch on afterward… you *won't* be sorry. For now, just make sure you have a snack handy, because you're about to gawk at 19 of the thickest and cheesiest deep dish pizzas we could find.
1. Vegan Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza: You may think a vegan pizza would be lacking in the flavor department. WRONG. Bonus: This recipe even comes complete with a method for making your own vegan mozzarella. (via Carrots and Flowers)
2. Skillet Deep Dish Pizza: Folding pats of butter into the dough is the secret to this light and flaky crust. Follow up with layers of cheese, sauce, peppers and sausage before baking, then get ready to slip into a food coma. (via Macheesmo)
3. Crockpot Deep Dish Cheese Pizza With Cauliflower Crust: Just when you think you've exhausted all of your slow cooker options, out comes the cauliflower pizza. If you've been wanting to try a low-carb cauliflower crust, test it out in the crockpot first for a fool-proof execution. (via Slow Cooker Gourmet)
4. Cheat's Deep Dish Pizza: Buying store-bought pizza dough is a great way to save time when you're in a pinch. Roll it out, toss it in a cake pan and load it up with all of your favorite toppings. You'll have dinner ready before anyone even thinks to call for delivery. (via Simply Delicious)
5. Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza: Chicago deep dish is often topped with pizza sauce instead of being spread as a base. This recipe does just that, with a thick layer of cheese and buttery crust beneath it. (via Sally's Baking Addiction)
7. Deep Dish Pizza: Unless you're actually in Chicago, you're probably better off making this pizza at home. Pro tip: Experiment with different crust preparations, cooking vessels and toppings, and you may turn into a pizza connoisseur. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
8. Deep Dish Three Meat Pizza: Meat lovers, meet your new favorite pizza. Once you realize that you can make this at home with very little effort, it will change the way you do pizza night *forever.* (via Countryside Cravings)
9. Eggplant Parmesan Caprese Skillet Pizza: Having trouble deciding between eggplant parm, Caprese salad and pizza? Just make this skillet pizza and each craving will be satisfied. (via The Crumby Cupcake)
10. Slow Cooker Deep Dish Gluten Free Pizza: Who would think that a slow cooker could provide such a crispy pizza crust? It seems too good to be true, but the result speaks for itself. (via Gluten Free on a Shoestring)
13. Homemade Deep Dish Pizza With Broccoli, Spinach and Feta: If you're feeling a little too guilty about your cheat day, throw a little broccoli and spinach on your pizza. It'll be a welcome change from the meat-laden pies you're used to. (via Hello Little Home)
14. Mac-N-Cheese Pizza Pie: On the other hand, if you really want to hit the carbs and cheese hard on your cheat day, go for a macaroni and cheese pizza. It's ooey, gooey and OH-so sinful. (via The Gunny Sack)
15. Mini Caprese Deep Dish Pizzas: These adorable mini deep dish pizzas would make a delightful movie night snack. Make it interactive and let everyone top their own before popping them in the oven. (via Cafe Delites)
18. Deep Dish Spinach and Tomato Pizza: This pizza is surprisingly light, despite its deep claims. It's packed with spinach and tomatoes, with very little cheese in comparison. That just means you can eat more, right? (via Girl Versus Dough)
Follow us on Pinterest for more delicious cheat day eats!
This post has been updated from a previous post.
- We Tried This Crazy 2 Ingredient Pizza Hack… and It Totally Worked ... ›
- 17 Rustic Veggie Pizzas to Liven Up Your Meatless Monday - Brit + Co ›
- This One Pan Pizza-Topped Chicken Is Genius! - Brit + Co ›
- Turn Up the Heat This Valentine's Day With a Flamin' Hot Cheetos ... ›
- How to Make Pizza Crispy Crust in 15 Minutes - Brit + Co ›
- This Cloud Pizza Recipe Makes Being Keto Dreamy - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Grilled Pizza Recipes That Bring Pizza Night Outside - Brit + Co ›
- These 12 Recipes Prove Vegans Do Pizza Just As Well - Brit + Co ›
- Lighten up Your Favorite Junk Food With This Greek Salad Pizza ... ›
- Want an Excuse to Eat Pizza at Halloween? Make Mummy Pizzas ... ›
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!