7 #OOTDs for the Week: How to Take French Girl Stripes to the Next Level
You can’t think about French girl style without thinking about a striped tee. So, the wardrobe basic, along with easy jeans and a bright red lip, has become something of a uniform for whenever you want to channel their signature chic, effortless vibe. This week’s outfit inspiration is about finding next-level ways to style those stripes with help from some of the most stylish ladies on Instagram. Scroll through these seven #OOTDs for tips on new ways to wear the banded number guaranteed to get that all-coveted je ne sais quoi.
1. @itsmacailahmaxwell: Style blogger Macailah nails French-level cool with just one accessory: a denim jacket. Slip it on over stripes or toss it over your shoulder, and you’ll instantly feel fresh and springy.
2. @sixfeetwithheels: Keep cozy while looking totally chic by mixing casual staples like your striped tee and harem pants with luxe accessories. Besides the lace-up sandals and leather bag, style blogger Ashley makes the outfit with not one, but two gold cuff bracelets, a warrior-woman look that’s a must-try this season.
3. @mixtfashion: We’re used to the flawless combination of a moto jacket and our trusty striped tee, but fashion blogger Laura just earned all the style points by pairing it with a suede fringe coat. The combo is totally unexpected, and somehow feels even more effortless than the tried-and-true leather styling.
4. @styleonfriday: Style blogger My turns the entire trend on its head with her striped trouser look, and it’s the definition of classy cool. Not only are the tailored pants elegant themselves, they also seem totally versatile: we can picture them, along with the rest of her dressy outfit, paired with either strappy pumps or slip-on sneakers.
5. @lucitisima: Style blogger Lucita elevates a simple striped sweatshirt by pairing it with a voluminous circle skirt, creating a glamorously oversized silhouette with two pieces you’d never think would play nice together. Take the same kind of style risk with your slouchy banded tee and full midi skirt.
6. @tuulavintage: Embrace the power clash like fashion blogger Jessica and go for a stripes on stripes when you’re feeling bold. While this eye-catching combo may look tricky, it’s not: simply choose two garments with stripes of various widths for epic outfit results.
7. @luxeandlinen: We appreciate someone who truly commits to a look, and here, style blogger Eda goes full-on French girl. No detail is overlooked, from the tomboy hat to the vintage-feeling sunnies to the bedhead curls to the posh backback — you can’t help but think “Who’s that girl?” Clearly, she’s earned her stripes.
What Insta style stars do you follow? Do you do an #ootd on the regular? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to tag your pics with @britandco for a chance to be featured in next week’s post.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)