17 Fabulously Chic French Wedding Ideas
Wishing you could fly off to France for the destination wedding of your dreams? Don’t worry. Even if you can’t travel there in person, there are still plenty of chic and stylish ways to add French-inspired flair to your day. Here, we’re sharing 17 of our favorite French wedding ideas, each one evoking visions of a rustic affair at a Provencal chateau or a glamorous “I do” in the City of Lights. Mix and match different types of inspiration, and voila! Your dream day will come to life in stunning, spectacular style.
1. Elegant Invitation Suite: Artfully designed by Ceci New York, this blue and white invitation suite sets the perfect tone for an upscale celebration. (via Jose Villa)
2. Grand Palais Gown ($2,865): On your wedding day, it’s only right that you look and feel like the belle of the ball. In this lovely Carol Hannah creation — featuring a draped linen skirt and deconstructed tulle bodice — you’ll definitely be dressed to impress.
3. Feather Fascinator: Once you’ve discovered the dress of your dreams, it’s time to select the perfect hairstyle to complement your look. Here, dramatic updos and feather accents help create a uniquely regal vibe. (via Bethann Greenberg Photography)
4. Purple + Blue Bridal Bouquet: This lush bouquet, created for a chateau wedding in the French countryside, is just perfect for the romantic bride. We especially love the use of burlap and string in place of a traditional ribbon tie. (via Erich McVey)
5. Lavender Bridesmaid Bouquet: Pay homage to the famed Provencal lavender fields by recreating these pretty posies for your bridesmaids. Paired with dresses in a matching hue, they’ll look sweet, simple and stylish. (via Samm Blake)
6. Lavender Sprig Boutonniere: We’re huge fans of the non-traditional boutonniere, especially one as fashionable as this. It looks like this groom’s found the perfect addition to his seersucker suit. (via Lisa Kwan Images)
7. “Je T’aime” Sign: Whether you pose with it yourself or send it down the aisle with the flower girl or ring bearer, a charming sign like this makes for a fabulously fun photo op. (via Marissa Lambert)
8. Rustic Floral Backdrop: Remember the romantic bridal bouquet we featured up above? Keep the vibe going strong by displaying rustic flowers and wine barrels throughout the ceremony and reception spaces, or you could even turn these items into an unexpected ceremony backdrop. (via Alexandra Vonk)
9. Macaron Escort Cards: Taking a seat has never been sweeter. Help guests find their way by giving out macaron-filled boxes that can also double as favors. (via Rebekah Westover Photography)
10. Grand Ballroom Reception: Looking to channel the glitz and glamour of Paris? Host your reception inside a gilded ballroom that features long tables and plenty of sparkling chandeliers. (via One + Only Paris Photography)
11. Rustic Sweetheart Table: For rustic elegance at its finest, you simply can’t beat this candle-topped sweetheart table. And those gorgeous green chair garlands? We’re swooning. (via Jen Wojcik Photography)
12. Lavender Centerpiece: Small wooden crates and lavender-filled mason jars make for shabby-chic centerpieces. (via Pretty Days – Thierry Joubert)
13. Feather-Inspired Centerpiece: Take a classic floral centerpiece to new heights by adding feather plumes on top and also placing them around the base. Seen here in basic white, they help complement a classy and refined tablescape. (via Paris Mountain Photography)
14. Crepe Cake: Love the naked cake trend? Consider serving your own customized version of this tiered crepe creation. (via Lavender + Twine)
15. Macaron Tower Cake: If crepes aren’t colorful enough, a macaron tower cake makes for another innovative option. Go monochromatic or try an ombre-inspired design for added beauty. (via Valerie Tabor Smith)
16. Vintage Display Case: Skip the standard cake table and display your confections inside a vintage glass case. Or, if you don’t dig that idea, use the case to show off other special items, like family wedding pictures or photos of departed loved ones. (via Jen Wojcik Photography)
17. Mini Champagne Favors: You’ve danced, you’ve dined and now it’s time to send guests home with a little something for later. Mini champagne bottles and striped straws will help keep the fun alive even after they get home. (via Mademoiselle Fiona)
What’s your favorite French-inspired wedding idea? Share some chic inspiration below.