Summer wedding season is in full swing, and if you’re a bride-to-be, it’s time to start dreaming up the perfect finishing touches for your big-day look. Whether you’ll be saying “I do” on the beach in a sheath-style gown or watching your bestie tie the knot in a rose-filled garden, a chic updo is just right for showing off your lovely locks. We’re got 20 stunning hairstyles guaranteed to leave you looking fab and feeling cool, even with the sun’s sizzling rays streaming down.
1. Romantic Roses: A sleek updo and romantic rose accents lend classic, feminine flair. Dress up your tresses by attaching faux flowers as seen here, or use real blooms that match the ones in your bouquet. (via Jazzymae Photography)
2. Leaf Garland: There are few hair accessories as beautiful as a flower crown, but if you’d like to switch things up a bit, a leaf garland makes for an ideal alternative. Pair yours with a braided or rolled updo for an especially eye-catching effect. (via Morning Light by Michelle Landreau)
3. Twisted Bouffant: If it’s simple elegance you’re seeking, this delicately twisted bouffant won’t disappoint. Thanks to our eight-step tutorial, it’s easy to DIY the look for your big walk down the aisle. (via Brit + Co)
5. Loose Curls: While summer is all about relaxed style, your wedding day also calls for a little (or a lot) of extra polish. Get the best of both worlds by recreating this unique updo that features loose curls and French braids. (via Jennifer Fujikawa Photography)
10. Flower Crown: Rustic brides are sure to love the simple beauty of a low, loose updo. Complete the look with a sweet wreath of tiny flowers, and you’ll be all set to make the most memorable of entrances. (via Joanna Ballentine)
14. Messy Twist: Blow guests away with this artfully messy, ultra-chic updo. Even after some tousling by the wind during an outdoor ceremony, it’ll still look amazing for dinner and drinks. (via Carolly Photography)
15. Silver Leaves: Classic and versatile, this updo is equally ideal for hitting the dance floor on your wedding day or hosting a killer holiday party later on. That silver-leaf headband? We’d say it’s a must have. (via Brit + Co)
17. Crisscross Braids: Unleash your inner wild child! This piled-high style, complete with crisscross braids and fanciful flowers, is a perfect choice for the free-spirited summer bride. (via Sarah Gawler Photography)
18. Twisted Bun Hawk: Don’t let short or medium-length hair stop you from sporting a gorgeous updo while saying your vows. Featuring mini twists secured with pins, our bun hawk is also a favorite for bridesmaids. (via Brit + Co)
19. Messy Roll: Face-framing strands of hair and natural floral accents evoke visions of a whimsical woodland wedding. Bonus points to this bride for stepping out in a trendy open-back dress. (via Troy Grover Photographers)
20. French Roll Twist: The dance floor isn’t the only place you’ll be doing the twist, thanks to this delightful array of tiny buns. Delivering major volume in a stylish way, it’s a great ‘do for curly-haired brides. (via Hair Romance)
Which of these updos would you choose for your big day? Is there another look you love? Spill your style secrets below.