Sometimes It’s Hip to be Square: 15 Holiday Decor Ideas for Modern Homes
Geometric patterns, shapes, and designs are pretty much the new black. Or, in terms of Christmas, they’re the new snowflake, the new holly, and the new poinsettia.
2. Geometric Wooden Ornament ($25): Is it weird that we kind of want to wear these ornaments? Love the different colored facets on each ornament.
5. Red and Gold Geometric Manicure: We’re obsessed with this simple holiday mani. Glitter polish and a geometric design? We know what look we’ll be rocking at our office Christmas party! (via Wonder Forest)
6. Mint and Silver Triangles Gift Wrap ($9): You can never go wrong with a geometric triangle pattern (as you’ll see ring true throughout this roundup) and we’re loving this combination of mint and silver.
7. Gold Leaf Cement Pots: This DIY uses two of our favorite “G” words: geo and gilded! Spectacular gold shapes sharpen up these cement planters that can easily be scattered across a dining table or buffet. (via Ruffled)
9. Geometric Christmas Tree Card: It might be a little late to try your hand at making all of your Christmas cards using this technique, but it’s a fun one for those extra special friends and family members. (via How About Orange)
10. Geometric Forest ($12): Speaking of geometric trees, we’re digging the pixelated aspect of this roll of geometric tree wrapping paper.
11. Christmas Tree Wall Decals ($50): More trees, please! Rock Christmas decor all year round in the form of these easy-to-apply wall decals.
15. Geometric Wooden Houses ($12-$17): And finally, minimalist wooden houses that can add a bit of modern holiday cheer to just about any spot in your apartment.
What modern decor have you made this holiday season? Talk to us in the comments below.