Giada’s 10 Best Spring Recipes for Lightening Up Your Lunch
Whenever we need light and healthy yet substantial meals that can serve up a crowd or be sized down for two, we like to turn to culinary pro Giada DeLaurentiis. Giada’s tasty California-meets-Italy vision is just what you need for spring dishes that lighten up your whole kitchen. No matter what the occasion, you’ll be ready to enjoy spring with these 10 delightful dishes straight from Giada’s kitchen.
1. Peas and Prosciutto: Here is a easy-peasy side dish for everyone. Just combine two of Giada’s favorite ingredients — green peas and prosciutto — and you’re pretty much done. Don’t be surprised when everyone is begging for seconds at your brunch party. (via Food Network)
3. Parisian Steak and Cheese Croissant Sandwiches: Here’s a crowd-pleasing and irresistible treat for party guests. Light, buttery, cheesy and meaty — what more could you ask for? (via My Worldwide Culinary Adventure)
4. Orechiette With Mini Chicken Meatballs: Southern Italian pasta transforms into irresistible comfort food with these mini meatball cuties. Make this meal extra springy with a few basil leaves on top. (via Handle the Heat)
5. Linguine with Shrimp, Asparagus and Cherry Tomatoes: Take inspo from spring’s bright colors and load up your plate with veggies and herbs. Whip up this light yet filling dish to change up your dinner game. (via Food Network)
7. Gazpacho Sandwich: This vegetarian sandwich won’t leaving you missing any meat. The feta spread lets tomatoes and arugura shine between slices of sourdough bread. It adds another layer of flavor that’ll have you digging into this sandwich. (via Food Network)
8. Citrus Semifreddo: Giada is the greatest at adding citrus ingredients to anything. We definitely appreciate the extra-boozy kick in her semifreddo recipe, which comes fromlLimoncello. (via Food Network)
Which of Giada’s recipe are you going to make? What other Giada-approved meals are your favorites? Tell us in the comments below.