15 Colorful Kitchens You’ll Wish Were Yours
We never met a colorful kitchen we didn’t like, but choosing colored cabinets is not a choice for the faint of heart. Too often we opt for white or wood cabinetry in our kitchen because it goes with everything. But if you’re feeling bored and want to add some personality to your kitchen, here are 15 stunning spaces to show you the right way to do it. The key is balance: If you have light floors and countertops, go for dark colors like green or dark blue and keep your accessories simple to keep the kitchen from feeling like a circus. Above all, choose a color you love. You spend a lot of time in your kitchen, so shouldn’t it be a space that makes you happy?
1. Paint the Island: If you’re just looking for a quick weekend project or want to give a paint color a trial run before you buy gallons of it, why not just paint the island? This could be a great IKEA hack for a budget kitchen makeover. (via At Home In Love)
2. Paint the Lower Cabinets: You couldn’t help but smile if you walked into this zesty yellow kitchen every morning! A dark island and black countertop gives it an industrial feel. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
3. Lovely Lavender: Although this color choice is unexpected for a kitchen, its softness makes it easy to live with for a long time. It doesn’t feel overly feminine paired with those modern lines and a stainless-steel island. (via House and Home)
6. Two Toned: We love that this colorful kitchen went full pastel with the painted cabinets. With light cabinets, the dark navy blue island really draws the eye to the heart of the home. (via Domaine Home)
9. Sunshine Yellow: Imbue your kitchen with instant warmth — especially if it lacks windows — by coating your cabinets in buttery yellow. Touches of white with a subway tile backsplash or white accessories displayed on open shelves keeps the look fresh. (via A Beautiful Mess)
10. Soft Gray: Lighter colors can be just as effective as a bright hue. A bit of gray paint, a vintage ceiling fixture, a thrifted mirror and a darling miniature mirror turned this dated kitchen space into a modern beauty. (via Logan Killen)
12. Half Time: Painting upper cabinets and lower cabinets a different color keeps things interesting, and it’s an easy makeover you can do by yourself (think half the work). (via Better Homes and Gardens)
13. Tiny Accents: If you’re really nervous about painting all your cabinets, or just want to give a color a trial run, just paint the inside and see how you feel about it. Who knows — if you really love it, you might just end up with an entirely teal kitchen. (via A Beautiful Mess)
15. Gone Red: Proof that red can work in the kitchen, these bright red beauties make a cheerful statement in a galley kitchen. Silver pulls, stainless-steel appliances and white countertops provide plenty of visual relief from the hot color. (via Better Homes and Gardens)
What color would you paint your cabinets? Would you go for hot pink or stick to soft pastels? Talk to us in the comments below!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)