16 Shockingly Healthy Recipe Hacks
Whether we’re baking or in need of some comfort food, having a few healthy hacks up our sleeves is always a good thing. From smart ingredient substitutions to ingenious ways to transform the everyday into something mind blowing — let’s just say, cauliflower is one remarkable, underrated veg — these 16 delicious recipes have you covered in the healthy cooking and baking department. Enjoy these foods totally free of guilt!
1. Quinoa Sushi: Instead of the usual sushi made with refined white rice, swap in a colorful blend of whole grain quinoa for an added boost of protein and fiber. In other words, sushi with staying power. (via Turntable Kitchen)
2.Crispy Baked Potato Chips With Garlic, Thyme and Parmesan: Baked chips may not be a new thing, but with the few key points outlined in this recipe you’ll get perfectly crisp faux-fried potato chips every time. (via Cooking For Keeps)
3. Low-fat Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins: There’s not a trace of butter or oil to be found in these delicious muffins. Instead, pumpkin puree and applesauce team up to trick our tastebuds and create amazing texture. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
12. Cauliflower Breakfast Pizza: Start your day off right with better-than-leftover-delivery pizza. Made with a cheesy cauliflower crust and topped with more cheese and eggs there’s no way to pass up a slice. (via Brit + Co)
13. Strawberry Leather: Made of fruit with just a drop of honey, these healthy vanilla bean rollups are a much healthier alternative to those sold by the foot at the grocery store. (via Zizi Adventures)
16. Cake Truffles (Gluten-free): Coated in a less sweet carob and coconut oil shell, these cake pops are filled with protein-packed, whole-grain goodness without any refined sugar. (via Natural Noshing)
What healthy recipes hacks have you tried or come up with yourself? Let’s talk in the comments!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)