16 Shockingly Healthy Recipe Hacks
Whether we’re baking or in need of some comfort food, having a few healthy hacks up our sleeves is always a good thing. From smart ingredient substitutions to ingenious ways to transform the everyday into something mind blowing — let’s just say, cauliflower is one remarkable, underrated veg — these 16 delicious recipes have you covered in the healthy cooking and baking department. Enjoy these foods totally free of guilt!
1. Quinoa Sushi: Instead of the usual sushi made with refined white rice, swap in a colorful blend of whole grain quinoa for an added boost of protein and fiber. In other words, sushi with staying power. (via Turntable Kitchen)
2.Crispy Baked Potato Chips With Garlic, Thyme and Parmesan: Baked chips may not be a new thing, but with the few key points outlined in this recipe you’ll get perfectly crisp faux-fried potato chips every time. (via Cooking For Keeps)
3. Low-fat Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins: There’s not a trace of butter or oil to be found in these delicious muffins. Instead, pumpkin puree and applesauce team up to trick our tastebuds and create amazing texture. (via Ambitious Kitchen)
12. Cauliflower Breakfast Pizza: Start your day off right with better-than-leftover-delivery pizza. Made with a cheesy cauliflower crust and topped with more cheese and eggs there’s no way to pass up a slice. (via Brit + Co)
13. Strawberry Leather: Made of fruit with just a drop of honey, these healthy vanilla bean rollups are a much healthier alternative to those sold by the foot at the grocery store. (via Zizi Adventures)
16. Cake Truffles (Gluten-free): Coated in a less sweet carob and coconut oil shell, these cake pops are filled with protein-packed, whole-grain goodness without any refined sugar. (via Natural Noshing)
What healthy recipes hacks have you tried or come up with yourself? Let’s talk in the comments!
You can wear many hats running a business and sometimes some look better than others. Thanks to Office Depot, we're talking with Koyun Fan, co-founder of Sticky Rice Sisters, about finding inspiration along the way and staying organized on the road to success.