15 Gift Picks for Foodies, Cooks, and Chefs
This is the guide for the culinary gifted as it is filled with great ideas, gadgets, utensils and tools for those who create magic in the kitchen. We’ve done plenty of kitchen must-haves, but this year’s list is sure to impress even the pickiest of eaters. Kiss goodbye that ‘Kiss the Cook’ apron set, as we have an array of perfect gifts for the chef at heart.
1. Kikkerland Il Motorino Pizza Cutter ($8): Mamma Mia! Everyone loves a good pizza slice and this quirky little gadget cuts pizza pies faster with its double blades. Sure to come in handy for many occasions.
2. Lekue Citrus Spray ($15): Lemon and lime is a basic ingredient, and sometimes it can be cumbersome to get the juices out. With this handy little gadget, you’ll transform any fruit into a fresh juice container. Just insert the sprayer into the fruit and voila! Also a bonus, these are super durable and easy to clean.
3. Tibos Electric Crepe Maker ($150): Banana nutella crepes, anyone? This machine will whip out incredible sweet and savory recipes that will immediately transport even the most discerning palates to the streets of Paris.
4. Ice Cream Bowl Set ($15): We all scream for ice cream — even if it’s a bit chilly outside. These bowls are fun and will add some color and sparkle to any social event.
5. Joseph Joseph Cassette Chopping Board ($24): Okay… for some, tapes are an obsolete device, but a chopping board is a must for any chef. This playful plastic cassette player board will have you reminiscing the 1980s and 1990s for hours!
6. Joseph Joseph Nest Cups Measuring Cups ($16): Modern, slick and fun — sure to add a pop of color to any kitchen. Plus, they are very easy to clean, store and microwave safe.
7. Chef of Staff Recipe Box ($40): Not ready to bid adieu to grandma’s classic apple pie recipe written on an index card? No worries — this is the perfect recipe box to store all those family (or magazine) delights that have been collected through the years. What makes it even handier is how it’s separated into meals and they are easy to distinguish.
8. Cuisinart Fondue Pot ($60): Perfect for a night in with friends or a romantic rendez-vous. Impress with chocolate, broth or cheese and the stainless steel finish makes it super easy to clean.
9. GAMAGO Spatula Set ($20): This popsicle is sure ready to whip a scrumptious creation — I mean, anything playful is always better in the kitchen. This is also the perfect set to use when cooking with the kiddos.
10. Rosemary Trees in Burlap ($50): No room for an herb garden? These plants not only make your dishes taste divine, it will also make your space smell like a fresh field in the springtime.
11. Eva Solo Oil/Vinegar Drip-Free Carafe ($39): This is how oil and vinegar live harmoniously! It’s a perfect decoration piece for any kitchen and a great way to dress any salad or seasoning. I mean, this is a nice two-for-one deal.
12. The European Kitchen Tasting Board ($148): Whether used to display meats and cheeses or as a baking tool, any cook will put these to good use.
13. Stelton Pure Black Knives ($89): For that modern chef that is always looking for the latest and greatest gadget. The set is easy to store (I mean, it’s kind of a cool wall display) and clean.
14. Muffin Top Mold ($12): Probably the only time a muffin top accepted and it’s perfect for breakfast popovers or any delicious pastry. After all, ’tis the season to indulge.
15. Kuhn Rikon Vegetable Peelers ($15): These playful peelers will make this sometimes tedious task a bit smoother — and fewer things are prettier than a salad with julienned veggies. What’s even better? They are dishwasher safe.
So there you have it! Some of our picks for the cook in your list. What are some of your favorite kitchen accoutrements?
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)