12 Awesome Presents You Can’t Gift Wrap
Untying a bow and ripping open the wrapping paper to reveal the surprise inside is undeniably exciting… for about a minute. But it’s the holiday gifts that simply cannot be wrapped that end up sticking with you longer. Giving your super stressed friend an appointment for a massage or upgrading a flight for the globetrotter nearest and dearest to you is not only a greener way to give, but it will mean so much more than any bauble or trinket ever could. From subscription services to goat donations (!), these 12 gifts will make you the most thoughtful giver of the bunch.
1. SoulCycle Package ($34 -$3,500): For the fitness fanatic or spin class lover in your life, a pack of SoulCycle classes is a seriously legit gift. Not only will you be giving the gift of health, but each time the recipient heads to class, he or she will think of you!
2. Goat and 2 Chickens from World Vision ($100): We guarantee this charitable gift will not only totally surprise the recipient, but will make you both feel all warm and fuzzy inside by providing a supply of eggs, milk and meat to feed families in need.
3. First Class Plane Ticket from Fly With Class: Treat that special jetsetter in your life to the gift of flying first class. Regardless of where they’re going, a spell of unexpected luxury will always be cherished.
4. Coding: From Web Page to Website Online Class ($39): Give your closest entrepreneur the gift of a seriously legit skill this Christmas with this coding class. Beginners will become pros in no time with the help of instructor Allison House’s skills.
5. Cleaning Service from Handy: Of course having your place professionally cleaned isn’t always a necessity, but, man, is it nice to have someone mop the floors for you. Gift your workaholic pal or a new mom with the satisfaction of a clean and organized house.
6. In-Home Dinner Party from KitchIt ($39 per person): Be the hostess with the mostess without having to lift a damn finger thanks to KitchIt. For a totally reasonable price, you can have the pros throw a snazzy dinner party in your own home — cleanup included.
7. Locally Sourced Flower Delivery from BloomNation (starting at $35): Surprise your most ethical shopper with a totally unique bouquet of locally sourced flowers. The handcrafted arrangements will bring a smile to anyone’s face while keeping your carbon footprint small.
9. Drawing from Chic Sketch ($10): Your fashion girl bff will flip when she receives her own personalized fashion illustration. Grab a photo from her blog, submit it to Chic Sketch and it’ll be turned into a drawing by one of their fashion illustrators.
10. Custom Star Kit from the International Star Registry ($54): Guys, who remembers the movie A Walk to Remember? If you do, then this gift will be extra special (and tear-inducing). Who doesn’t want to have a star named after them?!
11. Hot Air Balloon Ride With Soaring Adventures of America ($170/person): Give your beau the gift of flight with a hot air balloon ride. Grab some champagne and don’t forget your camera, because this outing will be one to remember forever.
12. In-Home Massage from Massage Panda (starting at $79/hour): For that family member too busy to set foot in a massage parlor, have the pampering come to them. Choose from several different types of rub-downs and a professional will show up to your recipient’s home with all the trimmings. All they have to do is relax and rejuvenate.
What gifts are on your list this year? Tweet us @britandco!
Feeling a little throwback to that time you had to speak in front your whole school assembly? Public speaking is scary! And so is presenting, pitching, and all the things you need to do to put your business out there. In this week's Selfmade course, we roped in a few experts to break it all down for you. Read on for our weekly recap, made possible thanks to a sponsorship from Office Depot.