This Couple’s Foresty + Glam Wedding Is All Kinds of Dreamy
When a couple’s very first date involves hiking along a dramatic Texas cliffside, and then the groom proposes on the same hiking trail overlooking a lush forest and a wild, winding river below, you know their wedding is going to involve a lot of green. Kristen and Stephen combined natural forest accents with touches of gold and glam metallics for a wedding celebration that’s a little bit rustic, a little bit posh and a whole lot of fun under the Texas sun. Read on for DIY wedding ideas for your own classy outdoorsy celebration.
1. All Lit Up: Kristen loves the look of soft natural light, so she scattered candlesticks and tea light holders (all borrowed from relatives or thrifted from Goodwill) on reception tables in lieu of traditional floral centerpieces. Touches of moss and cute little succulents matched the green color scheme, plus each table centerpiece tablaeu was different, which added to the casual feel of the couple’s fun shindig.
2. Branching Out: Talk about bringing the outdoors in! Kristen decorated the reception area with big, moss-covered tree branches (she even spray painted some of them gold) and then hung tea lights in clear jars from the branches for a dreamy forest effect.
3. Pinecone Garland: More forest-y touches included this simple pinecone garland that framed the cake table, which was flanked with crystal candelabras for a touch of glam. The gilded metallic and crystal accents coupled with the natural decorations, like the strand of pinecones, kept the couple’s theme from trending too outdoorsy for their tastes.
4. Flouncy Florals: A little bit of baby’s breath makes a big impact on the wedding cake; Kristen arranged the flowers on the cake herself.
5. DIY Blooms: Instead of enlisting the help of a florist, Kristen ordered a selection of blooms in bulk and arranged all of the bouquets and floral arrangements herself (with the help of family, of course). Coupling classic white roses with more trendy succulents helps standard wedding flowers feel more modern.
6. Green With Envy: Another easy way to add to the verdant green theme? Serve up refreshments in vintage-y emerald-colored bottles along with chalkboard tags for identification.
7. Golden Gifts: These wedding favors are just so sweet (literally!). Kristen poured local Texas honey into individual jars to give away to guests, many of who came from out of town, so they could have a reminder of the wedding at home.
8. Green Goddesses: Kristen and Stephen got married in March — which, even in Austin, could be a little chilly. We love Kristen’s picks for bridesmaids dresses; the long sleeves look unique and chic, and we’re sure her squad appreciated the extra warmth!
9. Sunset Romance: Kristen paid special attention to the timing of her wedding day — she wanted to make sure her guests arrived early enough to enjoy the warm Texas sunshine and could stay late enough to party beneath the moonlight. This meant they were privy to a pretty spectacular sunset… and spectacular photos to match.
We’re definitely “green with envy” over this sweet wedding. Congrats, Kristen and Stephen!
Do you have a DIY wedding that you’d like to share with us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!