22 Gorgeous Long-Sleeved Dresses for Every Fall Occasion
As the days become shorter and the temps noticeably cooler, it’s only natural to start seeking refuge in warmer layering pieces. In addition to your trusty chunky knits and lightweight jackets, it’s high time that you invest in a handful of long-sleeved dresses. Think ’70s-inspired bell sleeves, pretty lace trims and no shortage of easy-breezy silhouettes to go around. While summer may be on the way out, take our word for it: The arrival of fall won’t be cramping your style one bit. From boho to effortlessly chic, here are 22 colorful dresses to help you make a seamless transition from summer to fall.
1. Long-Sleeve Slinky Maxi Dress ($86): THAT slit. THOSE sleeves. We hope that you have a special occasion (or two) lined up, because this lime maxi is too glam to fly under the radar for long.
2. Love Moschino Dress in ‘70s Floral Love Print ($359): We can’t stop staring. Leave it to Moschino to dream up the ‘70s floral-print dress of our dreams. Right in tune with the iconic brand’s “youthful cool” aesthetic, this is the quintessential shift dress that will take you from daytime-chic to spontaneous dance party.
3. Tie-Dye Bell Sleeve Swing Dress ($50): Music festival-goers, rejoice! Keep the good vibes coming with this rad tie-dye number that screams summer block party more than fall rituals. Flower crown and combat boots obligatory.
4. Lace-Insert Swing Dress in Print ($54): This swing dress is proof that you were indeed born in the wrong decade. Your boho-loving ways will be right in tune with the floral print and lace-trimmed bell sleeves. For max ‘70s perfection, DO pair it with Mary Jane platforms or fringe booties.
5. Backless Mock-Neck Dress ($100): Where there’s a mock-neck dress, a bold pair of tights won’t be too far behind. As if the keyhole in the front wasn’t enough to keep us on our toes, the open back is a sartorial game-changer.
6. Bell Sleeve Embroidered Swing Dress in Orange ($70): Oh, this old thang? For a spontaneous getaway to the beach, an equally free-spirited dress will make for the ultimate Polaroid pic. Style it up with fringe and you’ll have a #winning look on your hands.
7. Caftan Sleeve Mini Skater Dress ($72): TBH, the seafoam hue itself is enough to convince us that we needed this dress in our lives yesterday. The fluted sleeves and plunging neckline make for one ah-maz-ing semi-formal or date-night option.
8. Layla Dress ($468): Embrace the season by not only wearing a dress, but by opting for one in an autumnal palette that mimics the changing fall foliage.
9. Textured Dress ($80): As far as we’re concerned, mustard is the new black. The next time you find yourself yearning for a flowy dress that calls for little to no styling, reach for this. When the temps drop, a blanket scarf and ankle booties will solidify your cool, off-duty look.
10. Infinite Bliss Skater Dress ($42): Rest assured that fall’s arrival does not mean that you have to kick all of your favorite summer prints to the curve. Case in point: We’re loving this navy floral skater dress that can easily be transitioned into the upcoming season with an oversized gray cardigan and riding boots.
11. Kiara Dress ($79): Simple does it. Allow for this red-orange dress to serve as a blank slate of sorts as you style it up with a pendant necklace, oversized scarf or wide-brimmed hat.
12. Varsity Striped Sweater Dress ($23): Maybe it’s back-to-school season, or perhaps it’s our inner prepster calling out to us, but nothing beats a classic cricket sweater dress. Part sporty, part prep, this is the dress you’re going to need for everything from tailgating to girls’ night out.
13. April Long-Sleeve Swing Dress ($20): Your basic jersey t-shirt dress just got a major style upgrade… and in hot pink, no less. Go ahead and include this on your list of items to snatch up right now.
14. Cadogan Dress ($120): Let the fall shenanigans begin with this retro leaf-printed dress that flaunts an on-trend tie-collar neck. The free-flowing silhouette itself is enough to convince us to do less in the styling department this season. But seriously, there’s no accessorizing needed with this one.
15. Menswear Drop-Waist Dress ($79): Drop-waist gorgeous? Oh yeah. Toe the line between edgy and feminine by rocking a ruffled skirt and menswear-inspired print at the same time. Throw on a leather jacket for an unstoppable look that demands attention.
16. Ribbed Knit Dress ($88): Minimalist enthusiasts, this one’s for you. Nothing says fall has arrived like an effortless, ribbed t-shirt dress paired with your go-to pair of ankle boots + slouchy, marled socks.
17. Navy Shirt Dress ($82): Perfect for work or play, this business-professional shirtdress with a twist gives new meaning to impromptu dressing. Throw it on and go for a look that screams cool-girl-in-training.
18. Short Woven Dress ($25): Going hand-in-hand with your first PSL of the season, an easy-breezy, cream-colored dress only seems appropriate. Thanks to the pretty lace trim and trumpet sleeves, it won’t be hard to channel your bohemian princess come this fall.
19. ‘70s Stripe Roll Neck Tunic ($70): Show your unwavering love for all things retro with this striped tunic dress that looks to be straight out of a ‘70s sitcom. Enter #girlboss territory by swapping out the heels for white sneaks that read downtown chic.
20. Emily Long-Sleeve Dress ($60): Prints, please. When plaid and checks grow stale, DO give wildly hypnotic prints a try. Top it off with a few layered necklaces and a hands-free crossbody bag for an outfit that you will reach for time and time again.
21. Clover Mini Dress ($234): When you’re getting all dolled-up for an evening on the town, this sweet mini dress will be waiting to come out and play. The vintage floral print and open back will straight-up stun — we promise you that.
22. Rosetta Dress ($218): Reformation does it again. Proof that French-girl chic is always in vogue, this mini flare dress is simply to die for. The romantic blousy sleeves and bow-tie front are enough to get us swooning.
Which of these long-sleeved dresses are you eyeing for the upcoming fall season? Let us know in the comments below!