17 Gold DIYs to Make for Your Oscars Party
Aside from oohing and aahing over all the gorgeous gowns on the red carpet and oogling over your favorite stars, the Oscars always make for a fun group viewing activity with friends. To get your party Oscars-ready, you’ll want to to pick up *every* gilded object you can find and DIY (aka spray paint) plenty of gold party decor and favors. Think: confetti, balloons, garlands and even little gold men of your very own. If you aren’t sure where to start, take note from the 17 gilded party essentials below. Then, just add Oscars cocktails and tuxedo-themed black-and-white desserts, and you’re bound to get the award for Best Hostess of 2016.
1. DIY Oscar Party Balloon Awards: If your party guests didn’t already have an incentive to get a little fancy, these balloon awards are sure to do the trick. Your friends will love voting for who wore the best shoes or cutest outfit with this fun contest. (via Studio DIY)
2. DIY Gold Photo Booth Backdrop: It’s not a party until you get yourself an in-it-to-win-it photo booth backdrop. Fringe curtains and spray paint is all this glam DIY needs. You’ll thank us once the #selfie marathon starts. (via Brit + Co)
3. Gold Star Wall Hanging: Don’t let those glammed out Hollywood stars be the only ones who shine. Rock a wall or ceiling full of these glitzy hanging stars, and your guests will have a hard time not gazing at your decor. (via Jojotastic)
4. DIY Party Pom Poms ($7): This pack of three different-sized pom poms is everything you need to spruce up a boring wall. Throw in some white and gold garlands or streamers for some extra oomph.
5. Gold Polka Dot Popcorn Box: Everyone deserves a gilded popcorn box on Oscars night, and these gorgeous polka dot ones will totally brighten up your party. Bonus: They might even work post-party for some pen or desk accessories storage. (via Nicest Things)
6. 2016 Oscar Ballot Printable: Whether you’re rooting for Leo or Eddie Redmayne, everyone will get a kick out of filling out their own ballots and seeing who ends up accurately predicting the most Oscar winners. Bonus points if you turn it into a drinking game. (via Sugar and Charm)
7. Oscars Ballot Envelope: To keep those ballots safe from wandering eyes (or potential cheaters), enclose them in these fancy envelopes. Having to open them will add to the suspense when it’s time to announce who guessed the most Oscar winners. (via Studio DIY)
9. DIY Sparkly Champagne Bottles: These bottles are so fabulously decked out in glitter that they’re likely the first things your guests will see. Warning: They’re so pretty that once you pick ’em up, you may not want to pop the cork. (via Evite)
10. Acme Party Box Co. Gold Cocktail Shaker ($36): We’ll leave the Oscar-worthy cocktail concoctions up to you, but this gold plated stainless steel shaker is a must-have bar cart essential. Break it out for award show season, St. Patrick’s Day or any other time of the year!
11. 24 Carat Champagne Cocktails: It can’t get any fancier than having gold flakes in your champagne… Except when your champagne flutes are rimmed with edible glitter stars. Cheers to drinks that are decadently delicious. (via Brit + Co)
12. White and Gold Cake Pops: Sprinkle some of those edible glitter stars over your favorite dessert. These cake pops will satisfy both your sweet tooth and your golden needs in one fell swoop. (via Brit + Co)
13. Edible Glitter Popcorn: Who knew there was such a thing as pretty popcorn? Well, now you do! Add a dash of edible glitter, and before you know it you’ll have gilded gourmet popcorn. (via Cosmopolitan)
14. DIY Gold Party Cups: If gold-rimmed champagne flutes are a tad bit too fancy for you, opt for these simple gold party cups. Gold paper cups, black construction cutouts and glue is all you’ll need for this easy DIY. (via And We Play)
15. DIY Ken Doll Oscars: Whether you use them for decorations or party favors for the winning guessers, these golden Ken dolls — ahem, Academy Awards — are sure to be a hit. Simply spray paint with a metallic gold paint, and glue them onto a black plaque. (via DIY Candy)
16. Walk of Fame Stars: Move aside, red carpet. There’s a new floor decor in town, and it’s a DIY walk of fame made of gold cardboard stars. Bonus: The stars also act as balloon weights for your easy party favors. (via And We Play)
17. DIY Oscars Swag Bags: A canvas tote and iron-on gold vinyl star come together to create this fab and easy swag bag. While they might not have all the fancy favors the real stars get, they’re cute and will fit all the leftover goodies from the party. (via Kristi Murphy)
How excited are you for the Oscars? Follow us on Pinterest for more fun and easy party-planning ideas.